PDA

View Full Version : HELP! please read and respond

stevesinelgin
01-03-09, 14:16
im having a bad time since i upped my sertraline to 100mg over 4 weeks ago. Im still feeling sick, my skin feels like its on fire, keep getting hot flashes and i feel tense all the time. i cant understand why i feel so bad, all this cos i had a flu bug 8 weeks ago and the doctor put meds up....surely side effects should have settled down by now

stevesinelgin
01-03-09, 14:25
this is really getting me down. i just need some support from people and reassurance. thanks for your comments

chbun
01-03-09, 14:39
I am on my fifth day of taking Sertaline for panic attacks and anxiety. I have noticed an increase in anxiety, hot flushes, tingling and light headedness. Also stomach changes. I've been on other anti-depressants and found the side effects usually settled down after a few weeks. If your side effects have not settled down yet - I would have a chat with your doc. I had to stop taking Venlafaxine after 3 weeks due to side effects. There may be another tablet more suited to you. Also, its easy to get confused between side effects and anxiety symptoms. Try taking the tablet at the same time every day -try and have a few days of being good to yourself - just being. If all else fails - talk to the doc.

Charlottex

P.S Has Sertaline helped you at all?

stevesinelgin
01-03-09, 14:51
sertraline really did help. it got me outside my flat, on buses again, in cars, driving cars etc. i thought that upping it cos of flu like bug messing up my body would be easy, but now i feel like im on fire and at tea time my face burns up, even with heating off! dunno if the dose is too high for me or it needs more time still.....but these side eeffetcs i got when i first satrted taking it and they then went away after a week...this has been for 2-3 weeks

chbun
01-03-09, 15:02
I'm glad it has some positive effects.. was beginning to feel scared that the side effects would outweigh any benefits! Maybe the dose is to high? I would defo speak to your doctor - especially if you upped it on your own. Do you have any other tips on getting out and about?

Cx

joans60
01-03-09, 15:27
Hi Steve
I was on Sertralinew till a week ago and my doctor took me of them because he said they were not working. I did not like the hot flashes that I was getting and the hot sweats in the night. I am know On citalopram and am finging them better still have some of the early side effects but it seems to be working better. I was on 50mg of Sertraline and the new tablet I am on 10mg If It carries on I should speak to your doctor.

Joan

stevesinelgin
01-03-09, 16:03
doctor put it up a few weeks ago, wasnt keen but did so. it should settle after 2-3 weeks and it takes up to 3 months to work fully....you should notice a difference soon

donniemost
22-03-09, 06:49
Hi steve

Everyone is different and the length of period your side effects last is unique to you

MentalCombat
12-01-10, 13:29
seeyour doctor, tell him her you want to drop down, do you need them? are you stronger than them, you can win this. it is all in the mind good luck.
shaun.
QUOTE=stevesinelgin;463869]im having a bad time since i upped my sertraline to 100mg over 4 weeks ago. Im still feeling sick, my skin feels like its on fire, keep getting hot flashes and i feel tense all the time. i cant understand why i feel so bad, all this cos i had a flu bug 8 weeks ago and the doctor put meds up....surely side effects should have settled down by now[/QUOTE]