PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Sky33
01-03-09, 20:16
Bit nervous about talking about my Anxiety but here goes anyway.....
I`m 33, single parent and have been suffering from Anxiety for about 3 months. I`ve been reading this site for a while now and thought it was about time i joined up. I get Anxious about everything! I`m convinced i`m going to keel over with a Heart Attack at any moment (ridiculous i know). I get a lot of palpitations which i think is what`s making me convinced i`ve got heart disease lol.
I`m booked in for CBT this month and a bit worried about what to expect because I don`t really like talking about things but i`m gonna give it a try.
At the moment my Anxiety seems to have taken over and i dont get a break from it at all. It`s really getting me down and i`m starting to think that the whole thing is making me depressed. I just wish it would go away!
Anway, it`s nice to meet you all xxx

indigo
01-03-09, 21:14
Hi Sky, i'm Julie and i am 33 too! I have 2 children, girl 9 and boy 7. I have suffered from Health Anxiety since I was a child. How long have you suffered with your anxiety? I am sure you will find lots of support here and reassurance with your symptoms x x x

Sky33
01-03-09, 21:20
HI Indigo :) Nice to meet you. I`ve only suffered badly for about 3 motnhs but i had an episode when i was 18, i was constantly feeling my pulse and didnt want to be left alone in case i collapsed so i suppose its been there for many years if i`m honest.
It looks like a great site! it`s so good to know that there are many people in the same situation. Very reassuring.

Veronica H
01-03-09, 21:52
:welcome:skye33. There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover.Glad you have found us.

Veronica

sunshine-lady
01-03-09, 22:24
Hi Sky and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

Sky33
01-03-09, 22:28
Hi guys and thanks for the welcome :) I`ll definately try that book! I`ve got to the point where i`ll try anything lol.

Lynnann
02-03-09, 19:21
Hi Sky,

:welcome: to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and you will make some good friends here to help you along your journey to recovery.

Lynnann:flowers:

kittykat
02-03-09, 20:46
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, you'll get a lot of good advice on here which will really help , take care xx

Patty
04-03-09, 10:46
Hi Sky, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

weeble40
06-03-09, 09:01
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx