PDA

View Full Version : Chest Pains

chelle_82
01-03-09, 21:26
Hi,
Wondering if anyone else has felt this whilst taking Propranolol.

I wouldnt say I was the fittest of people however moving about even a short distance leaves me breathless with a sore chest. It's like a tight and pressing feeling in the middle of my chest.
Feel like I'm suffocating some times.

Any advice would help.
I am also taking 60mg of Citalopram which gives me massive sweats. I am a bit of a mess! :blush:

thanks
Michelle x

sarah7
03-03-09, 17:24
I started taking Propranolol last Thursday and I have had the occasional tight chest. I found it quite worrying at first (made me anxious which I'm sure didn't help lol) but I did notice it's after doing something that normally I'd be fine with but I just feel what you described, that tight pressure in the middle of my chest. I think it's also on the list of side effects on the leaflet thing... although most things in the world tend to be on those leaflets.

Hope that's maybe a little bit of help :)
Sarah

homebythefence
16-03-09, 20:17
To be safe, I'd mention it to your doctor, breathlessness is one of the side affects that you should mention. But chances are you're perfectly fine :)

doorbabe
02-04-09, 09:23
Well i am a pretty regular gym bunny and when i started taking these a couple of weeks ago i just could not exercise! i had a tight feeling in my chest and felt breathless. i use the cross trainer at my gym and on a usual sesh i keep my heart rate between 150 - 160 bpm.... whilst taking these icouldnt get my heart beat higher than 125 and i had to stop every 2 minute to catch my breath.
Well yesterday i had quite a good day and forgot my tablet... i got on the cross trainer expecting the usual breathlessness and low heart rate ....well it went back up to 150+ and the breathlessness had gone!

so i would defo say that the tablets effect exercise dramatically! .x

doomey
05-04-09, 14:18
Tight chest is experienced with propanalol, also the shortness of breath is common too.
I have experienced this when I first started taking it, but sadly tightness of the chest is an anxiety symptom also..you cant win.

Propanalolololololol also limits the exercise as well.

The drug is designed to stop your heart racing, if your problems persist, I would review if the medicine is right for you.

(I take it because I get palpitations)