PDA

View Full Version : It IS possible!

lizzie29
01-03-09, 21:28
Hi all

Just wanted to share some positive experiences, to prove that it is possible to do stuff, even when it feels so, so impossible and like you really can't. This week I spent three days (two nights) at my parents' house, without my husband. I suffer from separation anxiety so this was hard, but I wasn't actually that worried! I wasn't as relaxed as normal, but still managed to sleep and eat fine, which are often things I struggle with when worried.
Then, at a family party last night I stayed in a hotel room overnight ON MY OWN! And that's also such a big thing for me, I worry so much about feeling panicky and having panic attacks. I also started a new job this week, having stopped work last August because of my anxiety and panic. And again, I was fine, and I loved it!
So, although I'm by no means anxiety-free, I feel a lot more positive and that I CAN do it! And I know how hard it is, and a few months back, weeks even, I would have thought this was all impossible.
So I want to say to everyone, you can get better, even if it's only in small, slow steps - try your hardest and make the most of every achievement, no matter how small, because you deserve it.
xxx

i hate panicking
01-03-09, 21:34
Hi lkenny,

Just wanted to say well done:yesyes:

bluegirl09
01-03-09, 21:39
:yesyes: very well done too hear its always nice too hear someone getting on and doing well in their lives good on you all the best for the future too keep it going

valleybear
01-03-09, 22:12
So pleased for you. It is fantastic to realise that you can do things after all. I wish you all the best. Onward and upward!!