PDA

View Full Version : In agony :(

belle
01-03-09, 21:56
My pain started on Friday at 4pm, i was just getting out of the bath and it came on really quick and within minutes i was unable to stand. This pain is under my bottom right rib which radiates up into my right shoulder. It stopped my breath several times. This severe pain continued for SEVEN hours. I didn't vomit but felt close to fainting a few times. Every time i attempted to stand, my legs buckled and the last time i had that kind of thing was in childbirth - this pain was awfully close to that!!!

Saturday, i felt sick and tired all day.

Sunday (today), my side is sore/tender and keeps threatening to kick off again.

I've called the NHS direct and waiting for them to call back...

Oceanblue
01-03-09, 22:14
Hi,

I was going to mention NHS Direct, they're usually very helpful. The pain sounds terrible.

Hope they call back soon, good luck, I wish you better.

:flowers:

lainey
01-03-09, 22:44
Hi Belle

Sounds to me like you have pulled a muscle getting out of the bath, this can be very painful.
Hope NHS Direct can reassure you.

Take care

Elaine x

countrygirl
01-03-09, 22:48
apart from pulling a muscle the only othe things is if you still have your gallbladder then it could have been a gallstone getting stuck. If you haven't got a gallbladder then ignore rest of this post.
I have lots of small gallstones and they don't bother me other than one attack I had many years ago after eating hot pastry and I have never eaten it since! As they don't bother me I don't need to have it out.
A friend of mine had one very large stone and she would get attacks just like you describe- I was with her when one started oand one minute she was fine next whe was on the floor. Eventually after many years of this occasional attacks they got more frequent and she had her gallbladder out.
As I say this may not apply to you but if you still have your gallbldder then at least ask for a ultrasound to see if you have some big stones.

lovelife
02-03-09, 01:34
Ahhh no =(
I've had something that sounds similar but on my back instead. Got up to get out of bed and got a shooting pain up back on one side. After laying still a while thought the pain went- just felt a bit weak after. I imagine yours is the same- a muscle being pushed/pulled in the wrong or sharp direction. If you're right handed then it can be explained by the strain (since its your right side). Have a feel of your shoulders and between blades- see if your back feels knotted. Might help to massage it gently =).
It also sounds alot like a trapped nerve- in which case just visit your doctor and they can help out =).

xxx

belle
02-03-09, 03:14
Definitely not a pulled muscle. I've had it on several occassions and most of the time the pain starts at night - just this time it started in the afternoon.

I will go to the docs tomorrow and see what they say :)

x

london
02-03-09, 03:34
wish you better