PDA

View Full Version : taking blood pressure

cheekycharlie
01-03-09, 22:29
Is taking your blood pressure too many times dangerous? When I am having a bad flare up of anxiety (which hasn't been too great this week) I can be taking my blood pressure upto 10 times a day to reassure myself I am ok. Just taken it now & I thought my index finger turned blue & I had an image of it falling off! Silly I know. Its ok now, I press on the tip & its a good colour but I freaked myself out a bit. :unsure:

nomorepanic
02-03-09, 12:26
It isn't dangerous to keep taking it but what is dangerous is misreading the readings you are getting and reacting to them and you do not need to take it so much in one day.

Your blood pressure reading is not necesarily a good indication as to whether you are well or not as it can go up and down all day.

Try not to do it so often

Mr.B
03-03-09, 03:36
Is taking your blood pressure too many times dangerous? When I am having a bad flare up of anxiety (which hasn't been too great this week) I can be taking my blood pressure upto 10 times a day to reassure myself I am ok. Just taken it now & I thought my index finger turned blue & I had an image of it falling off! Silly I know. Its ok now, I press on the tip & its a good colour but I freaked myself out a bit. :unsure:

Sorry this post cheered me up thank you. :)

Utility
03-03-09, 22:17
Hi

I agree with what Nicola has said. Blood pressure can vary for all sorts of reasons and not mean anything is wrong.

Rather than reassuring you it will only make you check and re check. No need, just put the thing away.