PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have ratchet neck?

srthomas21
02-03-09, 05:52
My neck has felt weird now for a couple of months. When I move my head up and down my neck feels jerky/ratchety . Its hard to describe but my neck doesnt' move smoothly up and down. It doesn't hurt just feels weird.

angietomjimandcass
02-03-09, 20:23
sounds like a swollen mucle.

countrygirl
02-03-09, 22:16
is it like a crunching feeling in your neck?? Can you actually hear any noise in your head as you move your neck??

Are you old enough to have wear and tear in your neck which is normal as we age??

I have a herniated disc and bad arthritis in my neck ( I am only 47 yrs old) and I cannot move my neck without the crunching sound - I can even hear it in my head. Now in my case its severe because of what is wrong with me but in people with fairly normal necks as they age you get wear and tear adn this can give this crunchy feeling and sometimes sound. Its nothing just odd.

this may of couse not be you at all in which case it could be muscular in that tight muscles are stopping you from moving your neck smoothly.

srthomas21
03-03-09, 07:58
It's sort of like that. I can hear it in my head but it's not so much a crunching sound, it kind of squeaks if that makes any sense. Seems to be worse at the end of the day.

I'm 30 so I'm not sure that it's wear and tear. Wondering if it could be from the anxiety and my muscles being tense or something.