PDA

View Full Version : please help anyone fissure advice

worriedem
02-03-09, 08:07
sorry to post about this again i Really need some advice, ive had bleeding doing no 2 since nov just on tissue docs all say fissure jyst doesnt feel painful enough to me!!anyway i breastfeed my 11 month old so havnt been able to try nitrate cream i am at the point now that the worry irs cancer has taken over my lifebso am going back today to ask for cream has this worked for anyone as its guna break my heart to stop breastfeeding
my baby.

kittykat
02-03-09, 08:19
I've had piles and fissures so can understand how your feeling . Have you tried having baths with dettol or savlon in them as i've found that this can help the healing process also using some baby wipes after going to the loo is often gentler than just loo roll. Also its really important to keep your stools soft i've been eating all bran with a banana in the morning and found this really works , keeps things moving along and has stopped me needing to take any lactulose. Maybe you have tried these things but thought i'd give them a mention and just in case you haven't they'd be worth a try to allow you to keep breastfeeding.Fissures can be really tricky to heal and can recurr on and off, i'm sure it's nothing serious the doctor would know, I hope this helps a bit , take care xx

worriedem
02-03-09, 08:27
thanks have been eating alot of fibre and stools are soft but big!! sorry for tmi! thing is all i have is sharpness when i go and thats it tho it feels like a hard sore lump wen i touch down there, how much pain/ bleeding did you have??

Mully
02-03-09, 08:53
Oh I hate these bloody things.. pffft... I've had internal piles for yonks and occassionaly they would bleed. For the past year though I've had a fissure that sometimes I will feel ' split ' when I go the to loo... i'ts very painful and can leave bright red splats on the tissue.

I try to stay away from foods that bind me, like White bread and white rice, cakes and bikkies. I try eat lots of onions, garlic, brown rice, meat, veg and fruit etc and find that when I'm good and my stool is soft, I can go a couple of weeks with no spotting or pain. Guarenteed though, if I'm bad and blow out on bad foods or just don't eat properly for a few days then I'm back to square one and any healing down there is over !..

If you find it gets sore, then a warm bath with some rock salt, lavender oil, maybe some tea tree will help . When mine has flared I make sure I wash after every bowel movement too with just some warm soapy water. I use femfresh for my undercarriage :) as its gentle and not harsh like normal soap.

kittykat
02-03-09, 09:48
When i had a fissure it was really sore when i went to the loo... like you a very sharp pain and very often blood, as for a lump i get that when i have a pile ( maybe you have that as well) had one recently that thrombosed ........very painful, but if you are really struggling i would go back to the doctor and explain how you are feeling and get things checked out at least then it will put your mind at ease because there is nothing worse than worrying about things as it consumes you and just is really awful xx

worriedem
02-03-09, 10:22
thanks for the advice just been to the doctor he yas given me the nitrate cream altho chemist have to order it and has also made me an outpatient apt i feel terrified and am convinced its rectal cancer am only 28 with a toddler qnd a baby just want to get this sorted :(

worriedem
02-03-09, 10:26
sorry to post again do you ever get light pink blood with fissure? alot of the time when my stool is smaller the blood is light pink rather than red just wandered if this was a sign of a fissure??

deb141
02-03-09, 11:30
hi

i have a fissure and its two steps forward 1 step back for me. My stools are big (TMI) and thats why its so painful when i go. When i first got fissure a month ago i was binging on wine gums which don't digest easily and thats why they were almost coming out whole !, the blood then was bright red and the water was red in the loo which terrified me. I have really watched my diet and was fine for 2 weeks and then over the weekend it hurt to go so i bled a little but it was more very pale pink in colour, probably just a graze. Try not to worry, i was terrified but am trying to watch what i eat and taking stool softeners which helps. take care

kittykat
02-03-09, 11:30
Hi again,

you've nothing to worry about that colour of blood is fine , its when the blood is really dark like almost black and is through your stool that is the most worrying , the gp would probably want to check that out, but at least when you get an appointment it will put your mind at rest so please don't worry too much plus the cream will probably clear it up even before you go to the outpatients clinic xx

worriedem
02-03-09, 15:44
thanks everyone its really nice to get some support, ive kept myself busy today so not been too bad its when i have nothing to do i get in such a state with goo much thinking!! i made the mistake a while ago of googling and reading rectal cancer stories bad bad idea and now cant get what it said out of my head :(

Mully
02-03-09, 16:23
:lac: NO Googling !! ..it ent allowed... pfft!:shades:

:hugs: Try not to worry, Anal fissures and piles ( internal & Exterrnal ) are as common as muck and mostly are no more trouble than at times uncomfortable and sometimes painful. Obviously getting checked out is the best course of action, but until the Doc says othewise, please do not worry.

Mully xx