PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone

PoppyC
02-03-09, 15:58
Hello :)
I hope everyone is feeling as well as can be today. I am an anxiety sufferer of many years - in fact most of my life - 17-43 years old. I have dealt with it by natural therapies and a healthy non processed diet but have finally admitted defeat to dealing with it all myself and have started to take Citroplam and have been taking them for less than a week.
I had a nervous breakdown last summer which was horrific but I have come through that by self help and no meds.
I am looking forward to chatting and if I can be of any help to anyone then I would welcome that chance.
Poppy

jadeyjade
02-03-09, 16:11
hiya :) just got a question, did you used to get any physical symptoms when you weren't having a panic attack, you know just like in everyday life?

lauraanne2009
02-03-09, 16:42
hi im laura im fron scotland inverness i went to my doctors 2day she told me i have symptoms with Depression how do i deal with that? she gave me Citalopram 10mg.

Wb laura-anne :shrug:

PoppyC
02-03-09, 16:42
Hello Jade
Thank you for your reply. I didnt have many panic attacks although I did have them occasionally. Not quite sure what your message meant? Do you mean as in how I feel now or back then when I had a breakdown? Sorry I can be a bit blonde sometimes...:blush: I have had every anxiety symptom going I am sure so if I can help in any way then I will.

PoppyC
02-03-09, 16:46
Hello Laura :)
I too was prescribed Citroplam just less than a week ago and starting very slowly on them - 5mg building up to 20mg. I find so far the only side effect for me is the extreme tiredness. I must yawn about 1000 times a day! I also feel a little bit yukky but I definitely feel a little less anxious already, so I dont mind. I hope they work for you.

kittykat
02-03-09, 18:23
Hi Laura :welcome: to the site, you'll get some great advice on here and the chat room is very supportive as well, take care xx

Lynnann
02-03-09, 19:13
Hi Poppy,

:welcome: to NMP you will find this site a great source of advice and support and you will make some good friends here to help you along your journey to recovery.

Lynnann:flowers:

Gemma T
02-03-09, 20:40
:welcome:a big welcome and hug to you:bighug1:

Patty
04-03-09, 10:37
Hi Poppy, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

weeble40
06-03-09, 09:02
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-03-09, 21:51
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx