PDA

View Full Version : IBS and Hip Pain (question for ladies only)

sam1878
02-03-09, 22:24
as well as everything else wrong with me at the moment the last few days my IBS has kicked off, (I have never been formally diagnosed with this but have had all the symptoms on and off for seven years)

Anyway it only seems to be on one side (the side with all my aches and pains on the right) and is more painful on the site where I had my fallopian tube removed after an ectopic pregnancy in December, the IBS started yesterday afternoon and seemed to be triggered by having "relations" the evening before (sorry if TMI) and this has happned before I got as pregnant inthe past

Anyway the pain seems to be radiating down to my hip, I dont know whether this is related to the IBS attack or something different? It is in the side of my leg slightly as well

I am well and truely sick of all these health issues at the moment and wonder if I go to my gp they will palm this off as anxiety as well :weep:

sam1878
03-03-09, 11:12
can any ladies help?

doodah
04-03-09, 00:31
Hello Sam,

I'm afraid I don't know too much about IBS, though I do have bouts of it myself! If this is really worrying you might be worth visiting your doctor to explain your symptoms? They may well say it is anxiety but it would be worth going to put your mind at rest maybe?

Hope you get some more replies.

Take care,

Wendy xxxx

cheekycharlie
04-03-09, 08:13
I suffer from IBS. My only advice is, see the doc, they may be able to give you something, none works for me, but could for others. Also, peppermint tea or tablets are meant to help & try cutting out alcohol, chocolate, caffiene. Thats meant to help too. PM if you have any questions. xx

mandymc
10-02-11, 16:43
Hi Sam,

I have had IBS for a number years now too but has not been formally diagnosed. I have the exact same pain, usually down my right hand hip into my leg. It's not too bad when I am walking about but very uncomfortable to sit with or when lying in bed. It drives me crazy!!!
I've not been too worried about it as definitely only happens when I have a bout of IBS.

Mandy

HazG
11-02-11, 07:40
HI i am having the same but in my left hip ! i have IBS

bronte
10-03-11, 09:40
Hi im having this pain in my left hand side ovary area and in hip its sending me round the bend and also feeding my anxiety i too have ibs

blueangel
10-03-11, 09:53
When I get pain with IBS, it can be in a number of areas, but a common one for me is down the left hand side. A lot of people seem to complain of one-sided pain.

honeyp1e
11-03-11, 00:32
I have been having the same pain for many years now but in my left right at bottom and never thought about IBS or anything before well i never really knew anything about IBS just knew my mum had it and was her stomach swelled up/ bloated etc anyway my pain has been playing up lately and have been getting that big horrible bloated feeling but as am so thin my stomach stays thin :/ anyway i have been docs many of times all tests etc.... and nothing yesterday i had an ultrasound on it as the pain sometimes i just cant move with it and the ultrasound all went fine couldn't find anything so at keast now i no am not alone i though my tubes or bowels whatever is there were all tied up in knots that what was causing me pain :( well its been ok today and so has the bloatedness untill about 4.30pm had a lovely tuna mayo roll and withing 30mns my stomach feels like am 9months pregnant just dead bloated still have it now and its now 12.30am :( all my sisters and my mum have IBS and thought i'd be the lucky one to not get it :( i hate it already and only really knew what it meant about a week or so ago as i was getting bloatedness / tight spasm/ squeezing pains around belly button area / lower back pain (got that now plus the bloated feeling :( how do you all cope ??

joans60
11-03-11, 14:44
Hi there
It is hard but you have to try and cope
I also take some pain killers if the pain is to bad
I also drink peppermint tea that helps with the wind
I also put a hot water bottle on my stomach

Joanx

macc noodle
11-03-11, 16:23
Yep me too - lower right hand side ovary/hip/pelvic pain radiating down to thigh - 2 years ago my doc told me it was ibs!!! I did not believe her and embarked upon a nightmare journey of persuading myself I have ovarian cancer (still have really bad days).

I seem to only have really bad ibs flare ups when totally stressed out but still have far less pain than during the flare ups in the lower abdo hip etc area.

Am also peri-meno - apparently a delightful time in our lives when our anxiety that we thought we had conquered long ago comes back to bite us on our bottom with some bite! and when we get more aches and pains than we could ever have imagined.

:mad:

Jan
x

Alice7k
25-11-11, 11:36
Have been going to therapy for hip pain and it is really helping. Stomach muscles loosened up from being swollen and from sitting around with no back support. Glad to hear that others are having this pain because, of course, I am thinking it is ovarian cancer. Still going to the Gyno in a couple of weeks to ease my mind. I haven't been good about my IBS diet lately. Trying to stop partying so much. I am 58.

petmad
03-01-12, 21:52
being a woman is hard enough but with IBS as well its awful, mine gets worse around periods, but my stomach is so bloated at the mo....and been getting pains down the right hand side, worrying about ovaries and stuff...had a cyst years ago so bit paranoid about that.
Sometimes when the pain is lower down I think its other things but I know bowels and stuff wind its way around so can cause pains anywhere..