PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Over A Freind

sandysan
03-03-09, 12:17
hi
i am new to this forum, and im trying to find out if im going to go nutts over this.
i have had a long time freind and our kids grew up together, there was an issue with the kids who are now 17 years old, i rang my freind to find out what was going on, her son answered the phone and told me to F.off im scum and not to phone again,
i have been ill over it for a week now and dont know what to do about it its ruling my life , im dwelling on it like the what if? what if this happpens ,what if there trouble, what do i do if i see them in the street ect,
it has also given me panick attacks driving now i cant drve.
i dont know what to do it seems so silly i cant rule it out of my life or mind

sandy

sandysan
05-03-09, 09:40
anyone got any suggestion for me please ?

samc100
05-03-09, 10:24
have you actually spoken to your friend? You have to ignore the son. He probably has his own agenda.

I personally would attempt to speak to your friend. If she doesn't wan to then that is her position and right but at least you will know where you stand and then you can begin to stop wondering and worrying and gradually move forward.

sandysan
05-03-09, 12:06
hi sam
i cNT PHONE HER . i thought she would of phoned me but she hasnt, she also suffers anxiety, its been two weeks now i felt bad, my stomach is so tensed, but i cant phone her, maybe im frightned of the confrontation myslef ,i just feel like ending all , silly isnt it over such a stupid thing. her son altho i found out he is snorting coke .

NB
05-03-09, 20:21
Why dont you write her a letter and put it all in that..that way you dont call her, but still get to put your point across!

NoPoet
05-03-09, 22:32
It's a shame you let that ignorant little pillock cause you so much distress. After all, he's the one bad mouthing people and shoving snowballs up his hooter, you've done nothing wrong at all. He must have known you were ringing because of him and he unleashed the full force of his charm on you.

You probably should write your mate a letter and let her know what happened. (Be gentle with your wording though, you don't want to upset her or arouse her protective instincts towards him -- he is her son.)

You are heavily overreacting to this situation. Think about how it has made you feel. Is one nasty incident worth a week of stress and panic attacks? You're worth more than this. Don't let the little gimp win.

sandysan
06-03-09, 00:25
thanks for your reply, i would like to know what category this anxiety comes under,,,,,,,,,,,,would it be social anxiety or confrontational ???

samc100
06-03-09, 07:43
Can I ask why you need to label it into a particular category?