PDA

View Full Version : people upsetting me

Tracy43
03-03-09, 13:50
Hi All
Just wanted to blow steam, am very upset today after getting a text from my sister in law telling me I dont bother with her kids. Thats so one sided and not fair and its really upset me. Have tried talking to her but she will not reply to me, even offered to go round there but again she will not answer me.
Why is it things like this upset me so badly, and why do I have to brood on it like its a life threatening thing. Its not normal and I am so tired of people like her making me feel so upset and ill.
Anyway moan over
xx

nanny
03-03-09, 14:35
Hi

What a wicked thing for your sister in law to say/do. She obviously has a problem of some sort.

Why things like this upset you is because like me and all anxious people we're semsitive and 9 times out of 10 are looking for people's approval.
Don't let it get you down if you can help it, I would say to her that if SHE has a problem (which is not your worry) to come round and talk to me like an adult and don't send upsetting textes. If she can't be bothered to come round then obviously it can't be worrying her that much.

Please don't let it get you down, i do the same, get upset over everything and it's really not worth it.
Thinking of you:hugs:

Tracy43
03-03-09, 14:43
Ahhh thank you for a lovely reply and your so right about the approval thing. I get so upset when someone makes me feel like I have done wrong even though I go so far out of my way for that not to happen.
I have calmed down a little now but am still upset, still I will try not to let it get to me more than it has. Thank you for taking the time to answer me
xx

nanny
03-03-09, 14:55
You're more than welcome

I am glad you have calmed down a little, like i said people who can deliberately upset you are not worth the effort.

Now you go on relaxing for the rest of the day:hugs:

wasif
03-03-09, 14:56
[quote=Tracy43;464849]Hi
dont think much about what people do or think about you ,just be sure what you do is right.i m a muslim and when i get depressed i offer salat means i just worship Allah .be good to people and slowly as time runs people will respect you and if not than they are wrong .ok friend dont think much about others and in the case of your sister i think you can only solve this problem
after Allah ,becouse she is your sister .