PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

The_Walrus
03-03-09, 22:36
Hi everyone, I'm Paul, I'm 22 years old, and I'm from South East England.

I've been experiencing Health Anxiety pretty much constantly for the last 6 months, with a less serious attack of it happening a few years ago. Basically, I get horrible anxiety with the thought of death, and thinking about my consciousness ceasing to exist, and that being the end of my existence. I want to and try to believe in an afterlife, but its kind of hard in a world that seems to want to trash all your beliefs. And since there are no certanties about it, I still get anxious with the thought of it.

I also because of this am obsessed with the possibility that I will die young. I currently believe I have a lot of syptoms of various things, which I'll probably detail in another post, and sometimes it drives me crazy. I found this forum through googling a symptom (ironic, seeing as "never google your symptoms" seems to be the forum's mantra!), and it seems like it might be what I need ... I'm starting counselling this week, but from conversations I've had with my GP and a therapist, they don't seem to get it. So yeah, thought I'd just drop in here and say Hi :)

kittykat
04-03-09, 10:25
Hi Paul,

:welcome: to the site. A lot of good advice here.
I can totally relate from where you are coming from, i think deep down everyone has a fear of death and the unknown, i have a christian belief that there is life after death but there is still a fear there. I think it can cause us to think these things that you are feeling. But anyway I think that is another post :D , there is a chatroom that is really good as well, it helps a lot ,take care and look forward to reading your posts xx

Patty
04-03-09, 11:16
Hi Paul, :)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

weeble40
06-03-09, 08:58
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-03-09, 21:52
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx