PDA

View Full Version : another update as promised guys

kawasaki kid
03-03-09, 22:46
Good evening all.......hope everyones well.

OK since my last post which was over a week ago (sorry) my ectopics have still been with me but manageable, anyway i recieved a letter from the nhs by my cardiologist requesting that i have an event monitor fitted...

I nipped out of work today to attend the appointment and have this thing fitted.....when i got there i told the staff that i didnt feel the event monitor was practical because my ectopics happen throughout the day on a daily basis now and i wouldnt have the time being at work to put this thing to my chest and press a button to record the events......as these beats come and go it would be vertualy impossible to catch the event in time....

SO what ive got is a brand new devise thats just come out over here in the uk.......im the test subject according to them......its a little devise that sits on your chest and is held in place by a pad, then you connect the one and only lead to another pad situated by your heart.......this thing monitors your heart 24/7 and picks up any type of palp or arrythmia automaticly......you can also push a little button on the pack when you get a palp.....this is then logged by the devise and the cardiologist can marry up your palps as to when you feel them aswell.........great stuff.......ive got to wear this for seven days and hand it in.........its very light and your totaly unaware you've got it on and can go about your day to day life with no problems......once the devise has been handed back to the nhs, all the data is down loaded and the doc's can assess whats going on.....

NOWTHEN I know that i dont realy need this monitor because as ive already stated in my other posts, ive had all the tests done privately and paid for them.......the results were clear..........what im doing now is gathering information off another cardiologist, getting his views on why this happens, whats started it off, what he thinks the best medications are and what he thinks about the views of my private cardiologist and the medication he has prescribed............im being sneeky and playing one off agaist the other.....i want to see if the answers and reasons i get are conclusive...if not....why not.....why does one say one thing and the other say another ect.....

As for the medication prescribed by my private cardiologist flecianide acetate
i havent taken it yet as ive felt my palps have been manageable and awaiting the nhs cardios views on it.......this will be intersting......

I read a post last week by mark (will the conk) suggesting welch's purple grape juice is good fo palps so ive been drinking that.......dont think its made any difference realy but its good for you so im gonna keep that up for a bit to see if it helps any......

my next update for you all will be sometime next week once ive handed this devise in........

im doing everything i can to aggrivate my ectopics whilst wearing this devise so they can see exactly whats happening......drinking jars of coffee, sugar, smoking like an inferno and having a few beers.........if this thing is to record palps then thats what there gonna get........and lots of them....lol

keep safe everyone and take care...

chris:D

timmymagic46
03-03-09, 23:07
Excellent I look forward to the update!!!

mabelina
10-03-09, 22:32
Ive had three 24 hour monitors over the past 10 years and all mine have been a sticky pad on the heart area and a lead connected to a device that clips on your jeans. When you get a palp, you press a button to record it. Is this what your having??

kawasaki kid
11-03-09, 20:32
hey there.....
no this thing was different, the devise was really small and was positioned on one side of your chest.....the lead was connected to the other side of your chest......they told me it was a brand new design and specialy designed to key in on palps with or with out the button being pressed........good bit of kit i thought........

I had loads of ectopics whilst wearin it, just waiting on my results now....i wore the thing for seven days so theres plenty for them to view and I will have another cardiologists head to mess with........this fellas gonna think he's on a game show when he meets me......QUESTIONS, ANALASIS, REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY AND INTERIGATION.......HE'S GONNA REQUEST TO BE SECTIONED ONCE IM THROUGH.....

Will post with my results and answers to medications....

chris