PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation

melodinpanic
03-03-09, 22:57
I've been having this HORRIBLE feelings and sensations quite a few times now. I'm having one right now. It usually happens at the end of the day when I'm going to bed.
When I'm trying to fall asleep it feels like my mind or my soul are trying to escape from my body and I have to try hard to keep them in me. It's really hard to explain...
When this happens I get scared of going insane and to have a brain tumour.
It's like I'm fighting to be in my own body and in my own mind...
I even thought about being possessed by something evil... :blush:

Please, if anyone has the same or similiar symptoms, let me know...
I would be happy to know that is not just me:weep:

doodah
04-03-09, 00:19
Hiya pfmelody,

No, it's not just you, honestly! When I started with agoraphobia/anxiety many moons ago, the symptoms you describe were one of the first to rear their ugly head with me :( It might be worth you looking in the Main Menu here under Anxiety - Common Symptoms; I'm sure you'll recognise a lot of what you describe on there.

There's also a link here to some Claire Weekes MP3s that you can download for free http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77&products_id=235 I'm sure these will help you to lower your anxiety levels as well.

Hope you start to feel better really soon.

Take care,

Wendy xx

melodinpanic
04-03-09, 01:12
Hiya pfmelody,

No, it's not just you, honestly! When I started with agoraphobia/anxiety many moons ago, the symptoms you describe were one of the first to rear their ugly head with me :( It might be worth you looking in the Main Menu here under Anxiety - Common Symptoms; I'm sure you'll recognise a lot of what you describe on there.

There's also a link here to some Claire Weekes MP3s that you can download for free http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=77&products_id=235 I'm sure these will help you to lower your anxiety levels as well.

Hope you start to feel better really soon.

Take care,

Wendy xx

Thanx for ur reply. I'm still here struggling to sleep:weep:

I tried to fall asleep again, and when I did I woke up after one minute really scared about my body's feelings.
I Don't like this at all, I feel really tired and my eyes are sleepy but my mind won't let me sleep!
It never happened to me before.
Anyway I did look at the common symptoms in the menu and it's true, it is a common symptom!
I got freaked out at first because I never felt like this before.
Thank'you for letting me know that I'm not the only one!

doodah
04-03-09, 11:01
Awww:hugs:

I really would have a listen to those mp3 files cos Claire Weekes was a brilliant doctor who put everything into perspective for me. I still get times when anxiety can make me think all sorts and I find it reassuring to listen to her talking some sense lol! It's always worse at night time too isn't it! Grrr!

Oh yes, maybe when I post on here again about my 101 weird and wonderful symptoms and sensations, you can remind me of what I posted to you! lol

Take care,

Things WILL get better ;)

Wendy xxxx