PDA

View Full Version : Why am I such a freak!

mama23girls
24-07-05, 22:19
I can't stand it.
I have a rash (poison ivy I think) and I can't stop obsessing over it. I must have gone online 20 xs looking up symptoms, pictures etc. I even went to the DR.
My girls and I are going camping tomorrow for a week and I am already a nervous wreck about it. I'm expecting (as always) something horrible to happen. Last year my little one got heat stroke and it is supposed to be 90 farenheit for the next 2 days so that is making me nuts.
I don't want my girls to grow up afraid of everything,consumed by crazy thoughts and always worrying about some unforseen tragedy. I make them anxious because I am always afraid something I can't control will happen to them.
I know meds would help but I am deathly afraid of medication. Crazy.
I'm only 29 I can't go through another 60 years like this.

Jessica
Mama to
Rain
Celeste
Riley Mei

Meg
24-07-05, 22:41
Take a natural remedy first aid kit to help get you feeling more in control and tooled up for situations.

Assess each situation rationally starting with whether it is lifethreatening - serious or just annoying or irritating.

Things such as tea tree oil, lavender oil , arnica, rescue cream, rescue remedy etc
You can also get in the UK travellers homeopathy kits which I always buy for my friends on long travels and so far it had sorted out everything they have had

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
25-07-05, 10:38
As Meg says, try to take along as many of those things as you can. Hope you have a great time!! Let us know how you get on, ok? :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sal
26-07-05, 00:35
Hi and i can appreciate how hard this is for you, but you are still going through with it and trying to lead a normal life, which shows your determination for your children. You are obviously not one to give into to it which gives you a great head start.

I hope you have a great time and however tough it gets think of the girls and how you are doing it for them and you got this far for them and you will carry on doing that for them.

Best if luck and have a good time.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sal
26-07-05, 00:38
Read your title again, a freak is something we know nothing about at all. A freak doesnt carry on fighting it however hard it get to give their children the quality of life they deserve. I would guess from how you imagine they would hide in a corner where they could be left to suffer alone, you are not doing that and that in itself speaks volumes and i hope you can grip on to the confidence you have displayed by taking your girls on holiday.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

mama23girls
30-07-05, 13:51
We got back yesterday from camping and a horrible thing happened...
On the way there my cousin took my youngest in her car because mine was full, I was following right behind her. We pulled into a 4 way intersection and a man on the left of my cousin had an apparent heart attack and hit the side of my cousins car. The man died on the scene. It was heart breaking and the first few nights camping I fought off anxiety and felt/feel like I am slipping into a depression.
Another thing is when I get together with the group of my family I feel very lonely and I was excited to come to home and see my dh but I felt even lonlier coming home.
I am confused and feel like I need to go back to therapy or something.
Thanks for listening, I am not sure if any of this even makes sense.

Jessica
Mama to
Rain
Celeste
Riley Mei

Meg
30-07-05, 18:39
Hi Mama,

Of course you are feeling terrible. These are normal reactionary feelings to a very traumatic incident.

Feeling so low and upset does not mean you are goijg into depression but are healthily expressing in emotions how you feel. Do you and see someone to talk it through though..Don't keep it on .

Was it the heart attack that killed him ? How lucky that you all were ok

Well done for continuing to do the camping .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

mama23girls
31-07-05, 01:17
Thank you all for your kind words.

Yes I do think it was the heart attack that killed him. What has been replaying in my mind is that he was sitting, unconscious in his car for about 7 minutes waiting for paramedics to show up (we were on a country road) It kills me that I didn't know what to do andf that maybe I could have saved him had I kept my CPR up to date.
When it first happened he had a weak pulse by the time they took him away he was blue.....

I do think the trauma is contributing to some depressive feelings....

Jessica
Mama to
Rain
Celeste
Riley Mei

seh1980
31-07-05, 09:28
hi Jessica,

It is only natural that you are feeling so low. You cannot blame yourself though so please don't. It wasn't up to you to do anything. I'm sure that you will slowly start to feel better soon. Try to be positive and think of how lucky you and your family are that none of you were hurt, etc. Take care.

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal