PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over job interview?

Maybe_Baby
04-03-09, 06:45
I've been up since 5.30am today. I woke up with pins and needles all up my left arm, then my anxiety kicked in ... Maybe i'm this, Maybe i'm that, what if this, what if that :( . So anyway i worked myself up into a bit of a state, getting really anxious, then started checking my pulse as my heart started racing (an hour later and it still is) I thought i was finally getting a bit better, than on sunday night i spent the night at A&E after having a major panic attack (my first 1 since the beginning of December), whilst there they checked my blood pressure (ok) i had an ECG (ok) they monitored my heart which was between 99-120, and reassured me that was not abnormal. So really i should be able to tell myself im ok, but i get this stupid thought im dying, then i start to notice other little things, like i'll get really cold and shivery, the famous tingling in the hands etc..

I'm thinking maybe the reason im like this is i have a job interview tomorrow, and im really hoping it goes well (and i don't feel nervous about it or anything) but i dont feel totally confident either. I have not had a job since last summer, as my anxiety and panic kind of took over my life, but now im starting to come to terms with things, and kind of learn to calm myself down abit. My only fear is if i get the job (fingers crossed) my painc and anxiety will return and force me to quit again :(

Anyone got any advice or anything?? :wacko: