PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumour..?

melodinpanic
04-03-09, 08:49
I hate saying 'brain tumour', the idea of having it freaks me out.
Does anyone know if the doctor can see if you have a brain tumour through the eyes?
I've been to the doctor and I told him about my 'brain tumour' fear, and he checked my eyes and said that everything was looking normal.
Do you think if I had a brain tumour the doctor would have spotted it?
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

deb141
04-03-09, 09:07
a few years ago i was having terrible migraines so thought the worse. The doctor looked at my eyes and asked me to look in various directions to see if there were any black or blind spots. There was nothing to worry about and the migraines eventually stopped. Try not to worry

TalkingHead
04-03-09, 13:18
If the doctor saw nothing in your eyes then it`d highly unlikely that you have a tumour as the eyes are the best indication of high pressure in the brain.
To have a tumour your optic nerves would be swollen a condition called papilledema even then there is a 50/50 chance that it won`t be a brain tumour,so as your doctor saw nothing then you should be fine.

Trixie
04-03-09, 13:25
I hate saying 'brain tumour', the idea of having it freaks me out.
Does anyone know if the doctor can see if you have a brain tumour through the eyes?
I've been to the doctor and I told him about my 'brain tumour' fear, and he checked my eyes and said that everything was looking normal.
Do you think if I had a brain tumour the doctor would have spotted it?
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Perhaps if you read up about the different types of brain tumour you would feel better.