PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new member and thought I was alone!

Brookhouse12
04-03-09, 14:13
Hi, I have been having black outs since I was 17 (I'm now 33!) and now suffer from panic attacks because of this, so its one big vicious circle because I now actually pass out sometimes during my panic attacks. I have had numerous tests over the years for my blackouts but they have never been able to find anything medically wrong. I'm wondering now whether it has been panic attacks all along in one form or another??

Anyway, I am so glad I have found this website because you really do feel like you're the only one and that your losing your marbles! I had a bad blackout over a year ago on a train, which has now resulted in me not being able to catch the train, I now have to drive into work which is working out very expensive. I have had various panic attacks in wine bars, pubs, clubs, and shops and have to think twice about everywhere I go. I find it sometimes helps as long as I know where the toilets are or have an "easy escape route". It was reassuring to read that someone had an attack in a taxi which lead to not being able to get public transport. I really was beginning to think I was going out of my mind!

I feel this website will be the extra support I need because I am getting really down about the attacks and feel they are taking over my life. Whilst I have a loving family, none of them have suffered panic attacks and really don't understand that yes althought it is "all in your mind", you have absolutely no control over it! I have been to the doctors today who has referred me to a therapist. I AM DETERMINED TO BEAT THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Clair x

pink daisy
04-03-09, 14:36
Hi Clair

you go Girl!!!

welldone on going to the doctors and getting a therapist.. I am kate, I am 3o and I have suffered from agoraphobia since I was 13 so I know how s**te it is hun.

Glad you found us here at NMP and I hope to get to know you, Maybe pop into our chat room and get to know some of us also you can have a laugh there and get help also and ask questions etc.

Kate x

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

kittykat
04-03-09, 14:51
Hi Clair

:welcome: to the site, lots of good advice on here and a great chatroom as well , take care xx

lorac
04-03-09, 15:04
Hi Clair

Welcome to the site I think you will get some good advice and support on here.

Carol

weeble40
06-03-09, 08:57
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

sunshine-lady
07-03-09, 21:52
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx