PDA

View Full Version : Me and my "symptoms"

The_Walrus
04-03-09, 17:27
Hi all, I'm suffering from HA at the moment, it's really getting me down sometimes, when I'm worried about something it's like I can't do anything without thinking about it. I know that all of the things I think I have are probably anxiety related, but I just thought maybe if I listed my "symptoms" here, people could give me advice on whether they think it's anxiety or something more, and how to handle them?

Things I'm worried about:

1) My heart. I know palpitations are pretty normal, but I've been getting pains in my chest sometimes as well, mostly low down in the left side of my chest. Is this normal?

2) Testicular problems. I've been getting a pain in my left testicle for a while now ... it's not constant, it sort of comes and goes. I've self-checked, and had the GP check too (although I think he did it too quickly), and there don't seem to be any lumps, actually I think the pain seems to be more in the tubing than the actual testicle. I'm also worried because I've got an occasional pain at the top of my left leg, so now I'm worried that if I do have a testicular problem, it has spread ...

3) Prostate problems. Although I'm only 22, I'm still worried about this, I've had odd urinating habits (needing to get up at night a lot [although that's been better recently], hesitancy when urinating [especially in public], feeling like I've not emptied my bladder properly, occasional stinging) for years now, I've been to the doctor about it a few times, but they've never really given me an answer, now I am worried.

I also have eczema at the moment, which is really bad for my already not very good confidence, and I think I may have been diagnosed with IBS years ago, although I can't entirely remember.

I want to talk to my doctor about symptom #2, but I'm already in the middle of getting tested (just a blood test, will that really show anything?) for the other two. Any advice from anyone? Thanks for reading, apologies if I wrote too much, or if any of it was a case of "too much information". I just feel slightly like I'm falling apart at the moment, and it scares me