PDA

View Full Version : is this just me

PAULDEX_30
04-03-09, 18:17
is it me or am i the only one wjo feels ok when wake up but when get up feel sick and funny bloaty feeling in stomach and loose stools been told by cbt therapist its anxiety as it affects your stomach and can give ibs doc has pressed on my stomach and said all fine but i worry of bowel or stomach cancer even theough doc says im 31 and its un heard of in my age and to stop focusing as this can bring the symptoms on I WAS ON MEBEVERINE UNTILL 2 WEEK AGO AND 4 DAYS AGON CAME OF LANSPORAZOLE AND FEEL ACIDY >>> MY DOCTOR HAS STRESSES 4 OR 5 TIMES I DONT HAVE CANCER AND MY THERAPIST WHO WAS A NURSE IN THE BOWEL WARD SAYS I DONT BUT IM LOST AS STILL FEEL ILL

xfilme
05-03-09, 11:45
Ok, im no doctor, but let me suggest a few things. Firstly, the reason anxiety causes ibs is due to the fight-or-flight panic reaction when you are feeling anxious. This reaction drains your body's sources of nutrients. Stress can either cause excessive stomach acid (acid reflux) or a lack of stomach acid (ibs). Either way, they key to your problems seems likely to be nutrition based. Lansoprazole helps to stop your body producing acid, which is fine when this is the case, but not so good at the point there is not enough acid (times when you have ibs). Also, some antacids, in preventing over production of acid, block the absorption of exxential B vitamins.... causing the ibs.... and also causing a larger amount of acid when you stop taking them due to the normal function of your body returning. Essentially, you can end up in a loop of ibs and acid reflux... one counteracting the other continually. As I said, I am no doctor, I simply study nutrition. Personally, I see no harm in you doing the following... try some stress relief techniques. The less stress, the less pronounced the symptoms (if it is indeed anxiety driven). Secondly, start eating natural live sugar free yoghurt. This is full of live bacteria which aids digestion by killing bad bacteria in your intestines. Its very tasty. I would also suggest you eat lots of green vegetables for their source of B vitamins, a small portion of meat with your meals, as b12 can only be obtained by animal produce, and without it, the lack of it will cause IBS as it cannot break down your food, and high fibre... all thiese things will not only contribute to settling your ibs but will also prevent acid reflux. Eat food slowly and chew well. Do not drink anything half an hour before or after food (or with it) as it dilutes your stomach acid making it harder for food to digest. Lastly, if you dont like eating meat or you are a veggie, get some multivitamins with iron... or vitamin b complex, as it is the main vitamin to prevent stress as it deals directly with nerves and it also is the main vitamin needed for healthy digestion. Just a suggestion. x

House fan
05-03-09, 13:42
What a great post xfilme, I agree 100%.

House.

Gemma T
05-03-09, 16:25
I feel a similar way in the mrning. I feel sick and i have a bit of a headaches that dont last long. And i normally rush to the loo. x x x x