PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help!

belle
04-03-09, 20:32
I am in a right state.
My mother is sick and needs to got to the hospital, an ambulance has been called to her home, but i'm agoraphobic and can't go out - what the hell can i do?
I have no transport anyway!
Someone...help

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:33
Hi Belle,

Is there a neighbour that could take you? or is that outside your abilities?

Lynnann

nomorepanic
04-03-09, 20:34
You will be surprised at what you can do when you have to!

Why not give it a go - you will be in the best place if you feel panicky anyway

belle
04-03-09, 20:34
No one, i'm terrified of leaving the house...i only go with mum :(

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:36
Taxi, close friend? I really think you need to try Belle

Lynnann

belle
My stepfather won't even let me speak with her...

diane07
I agree with nic, you'll be in the best place, i'm agoraphobic but i'm okay in hospitals

di x

nomorepanic
04-03-09, 20:37
Give it a go please

belle
04-03-09, 20:37
Its the 20 miles to get there that gets me

belle
04-03-09, 20:38
No one is picking up the phone now...

sue681
04-03-09, 20:39
Feel helpless,wish i could help !

Where do u live ?

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:40
Belle,

I believe in you, lordy if I lived nearby I would go with you, I believe you can do this. It's surprising what we are capable of when we have to:)

Lynnann

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:41
Do you have a neighbours number? it is surprising how helpful people can be in a time of need

Lynnann

diane07
04-03-09, 20:41
Belle its 20 mins there about, i had to do four hours in the car to go watch my son pass out in the army, i was nearly in tears over the thought of it, but it was okay, and you will be too

keep phoning to see if a friend can take you

Di x

sue681
04-03-09, 20:44
You can do this..take a paper bag and just do yr beathing into in all the way to the hospital

belle
04-03-09, 20:47
Mum suffers from High Blood Pressure and its gone mental for no reason. I blame myself, we've been out all day today, its my fault shes not well - if i was F* normal i wouldn't need to depend on her so much!!!!!

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:50
Belle,

Blaming yourself is not going to achieve anything, there is no such thing as normal, just people and she loves you!

Now take a really deep breath and think of people you could phone, is there any other family around you?

Lynnann

belle
04-03-09, 20:52
I really have no one, that is the sad reality of my life, all i have is my mum.

bottleblond
04-03-09, 20:53
Belle

You CAN do this hun!! I know it's hard because i am agoraphobic too.
NOTHING can hurt you hun it's only the anxiety!
Please try not to panic!

xxxxxxxxx

i hate panicking
04-03-09, 20:54
Where do you live belle? x

Lynnann
04-03-09, 20:54
Belle,

((((((((HUGS))))))))))) your mum's blood pressure would have occurred whether she was out with you or not, honestly not your fault.

Have you cash for a taxi? have you thought about the neighbour idea?

Lynnann

sue681
04-03-09, 20:56
Belle where do u live ?
one of us might be able to get to you

gofishing
04-03-09, 21:18
I see it is night in UK now, can you wait till the morning and go to hospital in the morning, if not emergency? your stepdad will be there anyway?

Or, I would suggest to try to call Police and ask to transfer to the nearest police station, then ask to talk to any female officer (possibly more empathy) and explain your situation and ask a ride. Just a thought.

When you go out, imagine your mother to be by your side holding your hand. Physically she may not be with you, but spiritually she is with you all the time.

I pray for you.

ladybird64
04-03-09, 21:28
Hold on people, lets take a step back.

It may seem the right thing for you to go to the hospital Belle but I'm not sure that it would be helpful for your mum at the moment.
Also guys, if the hospital is 20 miles away that is a very expensive cab ride..then how is Belle supposed to get home?
Belle, I'm not sure of the situation with you and your stepfather but if he has gone with your mum, does he have a mobile number you can call? You can then find out what's happening with mum?
Hospital might be the place to have a PA but not in these circumstances. :flowers:

Lynnann
04-03-09, 21:33
Belle,

Do you know which hospital they have gone to? you could call the hospital for an update as your stepfather should have a mobile switched off inside a hospital so wouldn't be able to answer.

Lynnann

ladybird64
04-03-09, 21:37
I should have mentioned that Lynnann, but thought they maybe still in the ambulance.

belle
04-03-09, 21:39
Hi everyone..

Mum has had the paramedic out and they said this...

Mum suffers with menieres disease (sp)? This evening she had a very bad attack. This apparently made my mum get really anxious causing her blood pressure to rise to 170/110. Mum IS on statins for her BP.

While the paramedic was there he BP slowly started going down, last reading was 150/90. She had an ECG which was fine. Conclusion:- SHE MUST REST!

I am SO VERY THANKFUL to EVERYONE how came on this thread tonight and offered me advice.

If i didn't have you lot here this evening, i would have been an even bigger mess than i already was!!

lorac
04-03-09, 21:42
Pleased to hear things are looking better for your Mum and you Belle.

Carol xx

Lynnann
04-03-09, 21:43
Glad she is ok Belle, hope she has a restful night

Lynnann

i hate panicking
04-03-09, 21:46
That's good to hear belle:)

Take care x

ladybird64
04-03-09, 21:46
Belle-so glad to hear that your mum is ok although Menieres Disease is awful, she must suffer from terrible dizziness and nausea.
I guess it's situations like these that force us into making a choice..do we stay or do we go? (Lyrics courtesy of The Clash :D )
I've read some of your posts Belle and I know the situation you're in..but I guess you know already that there will be problems that force us into action and we need to be prepared for this.
Pm me if you need or want to. :flowers: