PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

scaredguy87
04-03-09, 21:17
I think I'm going mad. This happened a week and a half ago when I was watching a movie. I was overwhelmed by panic and a feeling like the world was going to end around me and I had to get up and pace around the house like a madman and then I even picked up my phone at 1AM to ring my brother and talk to him cause I thought it would make me feel better.

It didn't help. Ever since I have felt terrible. Every little thing makes me anxious and jumpy. I haven't been sleeping properly and have had these insane dreams which wake me several times a night and just scare me even more because they make me think I'm going crazy.

I've started taking nytol and that is helping a bit but during the day it is torture aswell. I feel out of touch with my surroundings, even when I'm outside everything seems distorted, like everything is foggy, or far away, I can't really explain it. I can't relax, my mind is constantly racing and I can't even laugh at things I would normally find funny or enjoy myself with friends etc.

My memory has also been affected. I can't remember a lot of things and sometimes forget what I have gone in a room to get. Also I have this thing which I've researched called anhedonia which is an inability to experience pleasure in anything. And that's a symptom of schizophrenia! Please tell me I'm not losing my mind and that this will pass. I keep feeling like this is it, my life is over, I've gone mad, I'm never going to be happy again. THIS IS DESTROYING MY LIFE!

i hate panicking
04-03-09, 21:29
Hi Scaredguy87,

you said you've researched something called anhedonia,did you google your symptoms?

you sound like your having a panic attack to me as when your feeling anxious you don't feel like having a good time or laughing or much really it usually comes on without warning as well and shakes you up afterwards because your wondering what's going on.

:)take care

Yvonne
04-03-09, 21:33
Oh oh oh stop. You are not going mad I assure you. You are not losing your mind you are suffering anxiety. Stop feeding yourself thoughts about schizophrenia - you are scaring yourself to death. Schizophrenia also has many many other symptoms.

Go and have a chat with the gp and tell him/her exactly how you feel - it will put your mind at rest at least.

Please believe me you are not losing your mind my friend. Try to relax in any way you can for now but do talk to the gp.

Take care. xx

snowdrop
04-03-09, 21:33
Hi scaredguy

Everything you describe are classic anxiety symptoms, you only have to read all the posts on here of people going to the doctors many times asking for all sorts of tests, I think its because the symptoms are So frightening that actually its hard to believe its purely anxiety at times.

You have come to a great place and will find some peace knowing others are experiencing the same and it doesn't mean your life is over or that you have schizophrenia. Recognising it's anxiety is a great start to getting things back on track.

x

olly&jack
05-03-09, 13:39
This sounds so much like me, I have general daily anxiety but every couple of weeks or if Im more stressed than usual, when Im finally resting or sat down not thinking about it, BAM! out of nowhere I get this overwhelming panic stricken feeling and I always have to run into my front garden, It happened on Tuesday evening and I was in the front garden in my socks in the rain, on my hands and knees to get fresh air, everyday I feel foggy and disconnected from things, and is driving me nuts, but now ive found this site I think I will start to feel better, as I think I finally realise as much as this is extremely frightening, there are others out there too, and that I do not have any thing physically wrong with me ( as have had lots of tests). But I do understand how you feel, I never have any warning that its coming, all of a sudden im in the middle of it. I ve even called an ambulance before! I hope this get better for you
Kelly

deang
05-03-09, 18:08
"...when Im finally resting or sat down not thinking about it, BAM! out of nowhere I get this overwhelming panic..."

And isn't that just the strangest thing? This has happened to me, and I immediately think, "What was I just thinking about?" Well gee, I was thinking about how really nice it is to be feeling half way decent right this second, and looking very forward to enjoying it. Why this should induce an episode of high anxiety is beyond me.

eurotrashcub
05-03-09, 20:49
Hey

I wrote a long post about hear of schizophrenia today, you might find it helpful...
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45118&highlight=schizophrenia

Anhedonia is also a symptom of depression and helplessness, which are related to anxiety.