PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever go away :(

cheskia
04-03-09, 23:36
I have been living with this awful HA for nearly 3 years now despritly trying to find ways for it to stop happening but it just wont go. Im on this site every night at bed time as it happens more then. Last year my hospital doctor wrote me a note explaining my anxity condition to give to my gp so they can refer me to a conciler but i havent seen one yet. Im just sick of not being able to have a decent night sleep or for having to live with this stupid anx nearly everyday of my life. Apart from seeing a conciler is there anything else i can do to help myself. Really want it to stop now :( Xxx Xxx

srthomas21
05-03-09, 04:48
Yes, medication can help ALOT . They use SSRI drugs such as celexa or Prozac as well as drugs such as klonopin or xanax to control the anxiety.

Your body is overstressed and you probably are using up more seratonin than your body can make. The drugs can make a big difference in your life.

deb141
05-03-09, 08:46
Have you tried reading any self help books, one of the best ones i have read is called 'at last a life' by paul david. its really good, when i am having a bad day i read through it, and have highlighted some useful paragraphs that really seem to help. I am currently reading a Dr claire weekes book called essential help for your nerves. I suffer with HA which is a recent thing, prior to this it was social anxiety !. I am also on meds which are helping me. Good Luck

xfilme
05-03-09, 11:00
I dont know if this might help you, but it is certainly helping me. Ive just got a book called "When Panic Attacks" by Dr. Aine Tubridy. It helps you understand the nature of panic, how and why it occurs and how your body reacts. It covers post traumatic stress, bereavement, health anxiety, phobias, social anxiety and everything. It teaches you about how your conditioned response to anxious thoughts causes a domino effect that leads to panic. later on it teaches you how to break the cycle. It reinforces different ways of thinking and then towards the end it teaches you not only techniques to use physically to prevent panic, but also shows you how to induce panic in order to realise that the symptoms you suffer are normal and are just being misinterpreted by your overly sensitive mind. Finally it shows you how to deal with exposure to your issues in order to desensitise yourself instead of avoidance. I would highly recommend it. If you have been suffering for three years and nothings changed, what have you got to lose? xxx

cheskia
09-03-09, 03:46
Thanks guys. Never thort about books and ill definatly be giving those books you recommended a try. :) thank you Xxx

tommy1982
09-03-09, 04:10
i am just like you however for me it has been 5 years

I never took an ssri but you know what after the cbt terapy and every else I have tried, im going to get prozac...

ive tried everything else, whats a week or so of anxiety or getting use to the prozac after having all the s**t ive gone through with the regular anxiety

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter