PDA

View Full Version : What can I do about this fear now?

sadie
25-07-05, 22:02
Hi everyone

I need some help with this fear of mine....

I did something I now regret so much... I called the psychic interactive line on Sky TV in the midst of a panic attack and was advised by the psychic that my PA were due to a chemical inbalance in my brain and that I would have a seizure in 1 years time.... as you can imagine I was terrified and scared and have been every since.

The good news was I would only have 1 seizure in my life and it would be like an electric shock going through my body... I advised her that I had a MRI scan 1.5 years ago and that it was normal and that recent blood teste were too ok... she just said yeah thould be?? She also said I had a sister to epilepsy and that I should do a search on google....

I have since spoken to Meg and my cousin who is a nurse and both advised that there is no such thing as a sister to epilepsy.

My only way of coping was to get another reading by a psychic I trust and have had before... she advised that the psychic was talking rubbish and just wanted to worry me and make me call back and back btu I am struggling with this as why would someone be so cruel? I jsut dont understand this.

I am sorry I am writing this on the forum as I dont want others to worry like me but I am not coping very well with these fears and I need your help. I jsut cant live my life in fear like this until nect June. My brain just wont let this fear go and I am scared what its doing to my mental health... I feel so consumed by fear.

Please help with any suggestion sif you can.

sadie

kt
25-07-05, 22:36
Hi Sadie,
sorry to hear you are so upset by what this psychic (?) has said to you.
I have to agree with Meg, these people on the tv are sensationalists, it's good telly as far as they are concerned. You just have to watch the suffering that families go through on Trisha to see that the more stress the more people will tune in.
I saw a psychic afew years ago who told me that they purposely do not tell people anything that will worry them as this will can have such a huge impact on their lives. True psychics see what they can do as a gift and not something that they could use to extort money out of people. They also can only give a proper reading if you are in the same room as them, something about vibes and auras. I can't imagine they would have been able to pick anything up from you from just being on the end of a telephone line, other than your anxious tone which is what they obviously only had to concentrate on.
Please try not to worry, i know it's easy for me to say,
Take care, kt xx

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

seh1980
25-07-05, 22:52
Sadie,

You can't take what these poeple say seriously!! they will say anything to make it sound sensational. This person hasn't even seen you let alone examined you in person!! It;s horrible when people say things like this but it really is a load of **** so try to forget about it..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

vernon
26-07-05, 00:05
I agree with sarah fully. I realy think these people are just a can and they put things in a way people think or that sort of happened she was right. all bull ****. dont worry about it. tc Vern

sal
26-07-05, 00:48
Hi Sadie

I am so sorry that you got this news and i hope Meg helped you through this.

I know it wont be easy hun but try to rationalise this and the information they gave you wasnt made of concrete and remembe they dont know you. I am sorry but i am not a believer in stuff like that and i believe that whatever happens we are dealt the hand and are dealt the strength to cope with it however hard it gets.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

sadie
26-07-05, 18:48
Thanks to all that have replied,

I know you are all probably right, that the information was nothing more than a load of rubbish but as you know with anxiety sufferers we always believe the worse case scenario and negative point of view.....

I am slowly but surely letting it go... it will take time but I will get there.

Thanks again.

sadie

seh1980
26-07-05, 20:59
Glad that you are coming to terms with it Sadie. You sound much more positive. Well done!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

linjane
27-07-05, 20:50
Hi Sadie,

I agree with what everyone else has said and truly believe that the people on the other end of these phone lines are just there for the money. Please try not to worry.

There are genuine people out there that could help you. I have a friend who is excellent and she has told me that they can't tell anyone anything bad so please try not to worry. I am like you and worry about whats going to happen....we have to try to overcome these fears, somehow.

Take care, Love,
Linda.xxx

nomorepanic
28-07-05, 21:44
This is a difficult one and I hate people that feel they have the right to tell you that over a phone call and don't realise the damage they have done.

I am not sure how you get over this one other than tell yourself that it is rubbish and it won't happen. If you don't then you will destroy any confidence you have between now and then and you will be so worried it will consume your every thought.

She had no right to tell you that and I cannot see what she is basing it on as she has never met you etc.

Please try to put it behind you - hard I know - but dwelling on it will really drag you down.

My philosophy is what will happen will happen and if something is mean to be it will be. That may not help you but if it is true then there is nothing that you can do to stop it and it may happen. I believe, however that it is rubbish and now you are stuck with this worry till next year.

I hope you can forget it in time and not think about it cos then it will just make you so anxious for months and months

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

EmmaJane
28-07-05, 22:23
Sadie

Please try not to worry. Im sure that what this so-called-psychic told you is not true at all. She is probably sitting on the end of a phone, waiting for people who need reassurance to phone her, keep you on there so she makes her money, and gets you thinking, so that you call her back.

There are genuine mediums around, who are willing to help you without having to latch onto your every word, so they can think of something to say.

Im babbling now and this type of thing annoys me.

Im sure you will not have a seizure in a years time. Try and enjoy your life, you have a lot to be healthy for.

Good luck and take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

sadie
29-07-05, 09:36
Thanks Nicola and Emmajane,

I was at my GP today for an unrelated anxiety problem.... anyway I got on well with this GP so I decided to tell him about the psychic. He was absolutely disgusted with this message and wants me to complain, if I can. He said that he told a patient something like this he would be struck off the medical profession list forever so why can she get away telling someone that!!! He also said that she has no evidence to back up her claim and cant possibly tell me something like this without knowing my medical history etc... He said I need to ignore it as it is not true, she was just preying on a 'vulnerable' person and he says this is a worry to the medical profession that there are people out there telling people messages like this just to make money.....

This has made me feel a bit beter even more so hopefully I can just get on with my life now without this constant worry.

Thanks to everyone that has replied... you have all helped so much!!!:D

sadie

EmmaJane
29-07-05, 10:16
Good luck Sadie, and put this out of your mind.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

florence
29-07-05, 11:46
Hi Sadie

Sorry to hear about your worries, surely, you shouldn't take at heart what she said, if she knows what's going to happen in the future, then she could win the lottery right ? lol. If psychics were saying the truth, then I would have a girl, which never happened, lol. Life is what you make it.
Please don't believe what others say, psychic or not ... you certainly don't need all these extra worries.
Take care.
Florence.

**Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith. **