PDA

View Full Version : Doing Not Good

mikejames
05-03-09, 09:02
Hi all

Well have made a brilliant time of it
Was having such panic attacks that tried to take overdose new years eve

stupid..........................................

did not mean to

been off work for 2 months but now back and on CBT BUT THE PANIC JUST WILL NOT GO

DRINKING TOO MUCH / SMOKING TOO MUCH ETCETC

Any advice would be wonderful as I am at the end of reason

MIKE

tanya 1
05-03-09, 09:05
awww hi mike im sorry your havinig a bad time at the moment,im sure you will find comfort and good advice from here,and try to go into the chat room when you can every1 is really nice and we all try to help each other take care mike
tanya 1 x

janey50
05-03-09, 18:32
Hey Mike, join the club! Likewise doing not well and drinking too much. It scares me and my Community Psychiatric nurse, to whom I confessed everything, is very concerned. I think drinking goes with the anxiety territory. Best to avoid it altogether if you can, or at least postpone using alcohol as much as possible so you can see that you CAN cope with the panicky feelings without it. Claire Weekes is an excellent source of sensible help - I'd def recommend her books. Breathing exercises help me, and walking slowly up the garden. Whatever helps to take your mind off your feelings. I wish you a much happier time. Janey.

mikejames
06-03-09, 09:10
thank you all for your kind messages and support

just sometimes it seems like I do everything for anybody and nothing actually for me

Mind you who in there right mind would actually be me

MIKE

Nechtan
06-03-09, 11:05
Hi Mike,

Is the CBT working for you? I know it doesn't work for everyone so if you feel it is doing you know good then it would be wise to ask your provider for something different. They might find something that works better for you.

Best of luck

Nechtan