PDA

View Full Version : DLA £60 Bonus!!!

Alabasterlyn
05-03-09, 09:04
I know many of us on here are in receipt of DLA and I was just looking at my online bank account and saw a credit of £60 from them. Thinking it was some kind of error as I haven't had anything in the post from them I phoned their 0845 number and there was a message on it saying everyone who received the £10 Christmas bonus, which I think applies to anyone in receipt of DLA, also got this £60 bonus. I have no idea what it's about but I just thought I would post on here so that no one else has to spend money on an 0845 call just to hear that :winks:

lesleya
05-03-09, 09:32
Yes ive just checked my account and i have it too....nice one, they just said it was a one off extra xmas payment...in march lol.
Still never look a gift horse eh.

Alabasterlyn
05-03-09, 10:03
Being my usual negative self at first I assumed my normal £71 had been reduced to £60, but it was the timing of the bonus that made me phone to query it as I am not due for my usual DLA payment for another couple of weeks.

When you get the Christmas bonus they always write and let you know beforehand, so it's weird that this time they have just given us this money.

lesleya
05-03-09, 10:12
It is weird isnt it as you say they always write, so thats why theyve put a recording at beginning of thier number because they know theyll be inundated with questions as to why theyve given it out as most people will think its a mistake and be to scared to spend it in case they ask for it back.

bottleblond
05-03-09, 10:27
I'm in scotland! Bet i don't get it. :mad:

Alabasterlyn
05-03-09, 11:01
I'm in scotland! Bet i don't get it. :mad:

It will be interesting to see if you do, I can't see any reason why people living in Scotland or Wales would be left out. Usually it's us in England bemoaning the fact that we still have to pay for our prescriptions etc which I understand in Scotland and Wales are now free.

bottleblond
05-03-09, 11:35
OMG Lyn.......I GOT IT!!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Thankyou soooooo much for letting us know!! I was so skint this week and would have sat penniless till next Tuesday if you didn't let us know!!

HUGE hugs
Lisa
xxxxx

:bighug1:

lesleya
05-03-09, 11:38
Scotlands not totally free yet hun but wales is yes.
Theres a news story today about gps in england wanting to push the government for free prescritions for everyone in england too. I do know that from the 1st of april cancer sufferers will get free prescriptions at last...about time too i think, ive always thought that was so wrong.

sunshine-lady
05-03-09, 19:03
I have just checked my bank account and I haven't got the £60, perhaps they have forgotten about me lol. Could do with it as I'm getting my bedroom done out and want new curtains, bedding etc

I didn't know that people in Wales got free prescriptions, neither did I know that cancer patients used to have to pay - it's shocking to hear that they did.

lesleya
05-03-09, 19:19
Yes Di...ive always thught it was disgraceful cancer patients had to pay...as if they didnt have enough on there plates.
I used to feel so guilty when i spoke to them at work when they had rang us asking for help to pay for their drugs i could have cried for some people it was so heartbreaking. Wales have got the right idea thugh theyve got self rule so theyve got their own rules, scotland pay a minimum, but of course england still pay full, but maybe now that doctors are asking for the gov to give us free prescriptions they might finally listen eh...fingers crossed.

nomorepanic
05-03-09, 19:58
That's not fair on those that work though - no-one gives us a bonus :weep: :mad:

Mully
05-03-09, 21:52
I've not got it either, though I did get £75 in total last month for cold weather we had. .. so ent going to complain :D

ladybird64
05-03-09, 21:56
Hi Mully

£75? What type of payment/benefit was that?

Mully
05-03-09, 22:09
It was cold weather payment.. I had £50 back in Dec, then I had another £25 last month. Apparently when the cold weather reaches below a certain point, many on benefitis get an extra allowance to cover costs.. and thats what I got. I'm on incapacity btw. :)

ladybird64
05-03-09, 22:15
Thanks for that..I'm clueless! :D

I can honestly see where Nic is coming from with her comment though..it does seem unfair.

tracy.splosh
05-03-09, 22:34
Life Is Im Afraid X

pooh
07-03-09, 12:37
Hey guys buy me something nice if you all club together it shouldnt put anyone person outta pocket too much LOL

50" lcd tv hint hint LOL

ENjoy the dosh folks

Pooh x