PDA

View Full Version : Spasms, fear, numbness, dizziness

PanicsAlot
05-03-09, 11:42
So for the past week or so I've been experiencing numbness in my left side, standard, but this time I find myself having to move, whether it be my face, arms, legs or body to make sure that I still can...

Can anyone help me! I'm sure it's just panic but I'm worrying more which isn't helping...x

Nechtan
05-03-09, 12:37
I have experienced this too and usually, in my own case anyway, its down to either one of three things or a mixure of them. That is posture, inactivity and tension. I have bad posture and do myself no favours there so it has a knock on effect. Inacitivity too is a problem. I try to be as active as I can but still cannot be as active as I used to be. At the moment I am more active and haven't had these problems. Tension comes from being anxious. We naturally tense up and this tires the muscles and drains us of energy. This can create tingling, numbness and spasms. Diziness can also be a result of these three things. Also when we panic blood is diverted from places to where we need it most and this flunctuation of the blood pumped to the head can make us feel dizzy and lightheaded- but this is a natural thing and in no way harmless just a discomfort.

All the best

Nechtan

helen_1
05-03-09, 12:43
omg im getting exactly the same symptoms as you and im really freaking incase its something more than anxiety at the moment im getting a weird heavy numb weak fealing in my left leg and arm and hand i have been getting these symptoms for the past 2 weeks now and the dizzynes i get makes me feel sick and also my left leg gets a weird feeling like it wants to do one big spasm weird to describe when that feeling comes on i have to keep shaking it or move it i know deep down its anxiety but i just cant help but be frightened over these symptoms im sorry im not much help to you but i really wanted to let you know your really not on your own with this one i do hope it passes and you feel well soon xx

hopeseed
05-03-09, 14:09
I have all of this too. I thought I was going to have MS or something. My lightheadedness doesn';t go away. SO it is not due to blood rushing to my head. It's depersonalization I don't know if they're related but the brain sends calming messages to protect the body from the anxiety. But it feels like I smoked pot and it never goes away. It sucks but if we stay calm long enough it can go away. but I tend to freak out so it makes it worse.
Hope you feel better soon.