PDA

View Full Version : Whats your panic like?

olly&jack
05-03-09, 13:43
I never have any warning ie; palpatations, sweating, flushing, I just find myself all of a suddden in a huge state of overwhelming panic and I think I am going to pass out. I seem to have all of the above sypmtoms daily as a side affect of anxiety. When I panick I just seem to get completely distressed and someone has to calm me down I just think I am a goner and I have to run wherever I am I have to get outside in the fresh air.

xfilme
05-03-09, 16:55
Ive been having panic attacks for as far back as I can remember. When one comes and I can feel myself starting to hyperventilate I try and breathe in and hold it for 4 seconds, then blow the air out of my lungs slowly. Tyr doing this for about a minute. Panic attacks cause a lack of oxygen to the brain, so the best way to control it is to reverse it by taking in lots of oxygen... Many people use a brown paper bag to sort it out, but bags arent always at hand when it comes. Personally I find this more effective anyway x

Wenjoy
05-03-09, 17:52
I usually feel very breathless,hot and dizzy and cant breathe properly and just want to get out of wherever I am to be outside in the fresh air! wenjoy x