PDA

View Full Version : I need help with withdrawals from stopping Zispin!

Katie1633
05-03-09, 16:09
Hi, can anyone give me any advice on how to cope with nausea withdrawal symptoms. I am due to try and stop my zispin as they are causing dizzy spells and vertigo, but I suffer from Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) and am terrified to have to go through this. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Katie

Indigosky
08-03-09, 18:33
Hi Katie - I withdrew from zispin, and did it slowly over a few weeks, cutting tablets into halves and quarters. I didn't have any symptoms from withdrawing this slowly. Hope it goes well for you

Peppercat
08-03-09, 19:24
Hi, I have just finished withdrawing from Zispin (made me dizzzy too) I did a half for a few days, then a quarter for a few days, then half of that for a few days, until it was tiny - I was absolutely fine, just do it in really small decreases, you will be just fine! The actual pill made me far worse than the withdrawls!
All the best.

Hereford Al
08-03-09, 21:42
Hi Katie. I too am coming off Mirtazapine having been on it since July last year. I'm coming off it as it has done diddly squat for my anxiety problems/symptoms and a major episode of anxiety and panic attacks a few weeks ago made me decide to be more forceful in requesting a different medication.

I was on 30mg, but the last few days (since Wednesday), I have been taking just half a tablet and am not taking any more from tonight. The psychologist at the hospital said that withdrawal symptoms are rare for Mirtazapine.

The last 2 days I have had a bit of a grumbly tummy (and lots of gas!) but other than that no problem so far. Though this might have been due to the dodgy tasting curry I had from the local takeaway on Friday night more than the medication!

Hope it goes well for you,
Al

Katie1633
08-03-09, 23:07
Thank you all for your replies. I am quite surprised to hear that you have not had any withdrawal symtoms, as I have had to come off these tablets before and experienced very bad nausea. The first time was because I was pregnant, a few years ago, and I thought that it was due to really bad morning sickness. But last year I tried to wean myself off them and felt exactly the same. Because of my Emetophobia, I gave in and started taking them again as I couldn't stand the nausea a second longer. Maybe this time I'll have better luck. Katie x

ElizabethJane
09-03-09, 22:11
Hi Katie I was on mirtazapine for a year and had very bad withdrawal symptoms. I did eventually come off them but it took two goes to do it. I did not experience any nausea just crippling anxiety and severe panic attacks. The second time I took valium to help with the withdrawals. I suffered from anti depressant withdrawal syndrone. I suffered other symptoms which I wont go into here. I dont want to knock mirtazapine as an anti depressant and and aid to help sleeping and with anxiety states. The severe phase of withdrawal lasted about two to three weeks. It took about a month to come off them completely.

Katie1633
10-03-09, 01:16
Thanks ElizabethJane for being so honest with me. I'd really like to know what your other withdrawal symptoms were. I'm not sure whether you want to keep them private or whether you think that maybe some on here wouldn't want to know the details? If it's the latter, please feel free to PM me. Many thanks, Katie x