PDA

View Full Version : Update on my harrassment/bullying grievance

lesleya
05-03-09, 18:31
Sorry to have posted a few times in the last few weeks but ive had such a lot gong on lately..and sometimes it gets a bit too much to keep in so i need to let off steam and rant, so i apologise in advance.
I posted a little while ago about a harrassmen/bullying grievance i brought against a colleague at work, she literally made my life a misery. Anyway i was encouraged by my operations manager and my team manger to put in a grievance against her as they were very keen to have her disciplined, as it wasnt just me she had caused trouble for. It took me about 2 months to decide to go ahead and do this after a lot of thought because i dont like to rock the boat and i dont like ill feeling, but anyway i went ahead because i didnt want anyone else to have to go through the same as i had. I handed in my grievance letter mid october and it took hr about 6 weeks to reply to me but anyway they sent me a letter to say they would investigate my allegations then invite me for a meeting to hear my side then obviously speak to this other woman after that. I had my grievance investigation meeting in the middle of january 09 and i was told this other person was on the sick with a problem with her hip but she would be seen as soon as she was due back to work at the end of january, but the hr rep also said there was no reason why she couldnt be interviewed before she came back off sick and they would sort that out so that once she was interviewed then a decision would be made and i would be notified by letter of the outcome of the grievance, which sounded ok at least there would be an end to it all. She didnt come back to work until the 2nd week in feb, she worked for one day and then tendered her resignation and left!
I was called in the week after to be told she had resigned but she didnt resign over the grievance because she was never informed of it ??
I was angry, frustrated and upset all at the same time. I had been put through all of that ...for what! nothing!. Shes left without a blemish on her work record. Im sure she mustve known that there was something going on, you cant keep things totally secret in an office no matter how hard you try.
I was back 2 weeks ago again for another care and concern meeting and ive asked to be redeployed to another office within the organisation, but they are intimating that because shes not there anymore that i shoudnt have a problem coming back to work. But ive told them it doesnt work like that, i cant switch myself on and off like a light to suit them, they've put me through so much upset, stress and anxiety that its going to take me a while to feel able to go back. I feel like im left up in the air ive got no closure if you like ...no answers..nothing. and i wonder what was the point of it all?
I was offered the chance to appeal within 5 days but appeal against what exactly?? theres nothing i could possibly appeal against.
Im a right mug arent i. Is there anything i can do or not...does anyone have any idea ?