PDA

View Full Version : Losing it...

melodinpanic
05-03-09, 21:27
Hi everyone, I just had a horrible panic attack...:weep:
I was in bed watching tv and my fiancee was playing on his computer.
All of a sudden I had a really bad feeling like I didn't know where I was. I looked around and I though 'Is this my home', I looked at my fiancee and for a second I thought 'Who's that?' I felt far far away. I don't know how to explain better these feelings. It feels like I'm going out of my mind, like if I'm losing myself. Is this normal in anxiety? Is anyone having the same experience? I'm afraid to go crazy. Please help me!:weep:

kerri2008
05-03-09, 21:34
hey, yeh that is the kinda anxiety i get, it comes from nowhere and nothing feels quite real anymore, then suddenly it'l just go again. leaves me feeling very confused. x

amu
07-03-09, 22:12
Hi, have you looked at the derealisation topics? It's very common (and feels horrible).

NEROLI
08-03-09, 03:51
Your not 'losing it' as was already mentioned this is very common and it is called depersonalization or derealization. It is one of my worst symptoms, but I've learned to just let it go and not dwell on it after it passes but of course if this was your first time I can see how it would have freaked you out! just remember it's a common symptom and for me the only thing that has helped is clonazepam in a small dose small enough to still feel a bit of the depersonalization but not like before, not where I could get lost.
Were you tired? it's important to get enough sleep and eat right although it's hard isn't it?

Neroli.

melodinpanic
08-03-09, 07:08
Your not 'losing it' as was already mentioned this is very common and it is called depersonalization or derealization. It is one of my worst symptoms, but I've learned to just let it go and not dwell on it after it passes but of course if this was your first time I can see how it would have freaked you out! just remember it's a common symptom and for me the only thing that has helped is clonazepam in a small dose small enough to still feel a bit of the depersonalization but not like before, not where I could get lost.
Were you tired? it's important to get enough sleep and eat right although it's hard isn't it?

Neroli.

Thanx for your reply! Well, I'm always tired, and lately I've been having difficulties to fall asleep because my mind won't let me.
I hope it won't happen again, but if it will I'll try to chill and wait until it finishes.
Thanx for reassuring me, I really thought I was loosing it:blush: .

CharlesLinden
08-03-09, 08:00
Hi pfmelody. This might help you to understand deprsonalisation and derealisation a little more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOwXQe3M5k

Charles

melodinpanic
08-03-09, 10:08
Hi pfmelody. This might help you to understand deprsonalisation and derealisation a little more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkOwXQe3M5k

Charles

Thanks Charles! It's a very helpful video! I subscribed:D !