PDA

View Full Version : is there something wrong with me?

kerri2008
05-03-09, 21:28
please can someone help, i started suffering panic attacks and anxiety back in may last year quite severely, and after trying various meds etc found one i could agree with and around december time i felt alot better, not 100% by far but i coud get on with things and even started a new job, now the last week ive been getting all the death thoughts back again and had 3 panic attacks which i havent been able to control like normal, my symptoms are slightly different to before and after looking them up on the internet brain tumor keeps coming up, i saw the docs yesterday who told me its just stress causing the panic attacks to return....but now im not so sure, please has anyone gone through the feeling better stage only to be hit with this again?? :( xx

sMINT
05-03-09, 21:35
It must be hard to be set back but try and look towards the future. You managed to control your attacks once before, focus on all the time you didnt suffer from them and the good times.

Im kind of like you looking up my symptoms online but I am trying to stop as the search engines produce such irrelevant answers they only make me panic more.

If your still unsure about the symptoms you should ask your doctor again. Im sure like he said it is only stress related.

all the best.

kerri2008
05-03-09, 22:11
thanks sMINT, thats good advice. its just hard when you think you're back on track, its kinda hit me for six all of a sudden again and i just dont want to go back down that road again, yet i feel i cant prevent it this time, its really weird, thanks for your message!

Martin Ell
06-03-09, 20:56
Hi Kerri,

It's not uncommon for people to suffer panic attacks again after a long (and great!) period without them. Don't worry about the brain tumour thing - if your doctor thought there was even the slightest chance you have one, he'd have you tested.

It's hard, I know, to start suffering them severely again after a break. But, you've somewhat beaten them and felt better once before, I'm sure you can do so again.

The upside (if there ever was one), if that this time round, you know that can be a light at the end of the tunnel if you try, and you know what to expect from panic attacks.

Good luck
X

NoPoet
06-03-09, 21:29
What is it that is making you think "death thoughts"? You need to find out what is actually causing you to have panic attacks, then deal with that.