PDA

View Full Version : Does depersonalization makes you suicidal?

melodinpanic
06-03-09, 08:21
Hello everyone, I hope you're all ok.
I experienced depersonalization in the last couple of days, and it's awful!
I thought I experienced depersonalization before but I realized that it was something else, nothing even close to it.
The first time I didn't know what was happening to me, I kept asking my fiancee 'whats happening to me??' and I was freaking out! I saw everything around me being different and it scared me. I looked at my fiancee and he looked weird like... I don't know, just weird, and his face scared me a little bit. He was trying to calm me down but I couldn't.
I had thoughts like, 'something is happening, I need help' but I thought is not like I'm phisically sick so it would be useless calling an ambulance. I just thought, maybe if I kill myself I would feel better.:weep:
Can you believe this! I actually thought about killing myself just to wake up from that situation, I thought that wasn't any other way out.
I'm not on medication, well just the pill but I never had problems with it.
During depersonalization I was convinced I was going crazy, I kept sayin 'I'm loosing it, I'm loosing it..' I really felt so weird!!!
And after depersonalization I felt weak and with a lot of pressure in my head. Even the day after. Is this normal?

I was really freaked out about going mad, and I wasn't worried about dying anymore, I just didn't care, I just wanted that horrible feeling to go away from my brain and body.
Do you get like chills all over your body after it? I do and it so weird..
Anyway, now I feel myself again (kind of), and I keep asking myself questions about math or memories to see if I still know things.
Please, share with me your experiences. I would really appreciate!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

jenii
06-03-09, 11:55
sounds like me over the past few days. I have been on major panic/depersonalisation for about a week now and seem to have picked up a virus (makinf me more panicky!). I have felt suicidal before but you must focus on talking yourself down, breathing exercises and if you are worried go to your GP for reassurance. *hug*

Caridrum
10-03-09, 12:53
I've had this nearly constant for over a year..definitely know how you feel.