PDA

View Full Version : Bad nights

aellia
06-03-09, 09:39
Hello everyone,I'm new here and I think this place has just saved my sanity.
I'm anxious most of the time but latley,when I'm in bed,I wake in a panic with a racing heart that skips beats and fast breathing and sometimes chest pains,too.
This has been going on for a couple of months and I'm trying to convince myself that I haven't had lots of heart attacks or I would probably be dead by now?
Anyone else have this horrible symtom and have you found anything to ease it?
Many thanks and hope for you all.

Dazo
06-03-09, 10:06
I am right where you are the moment, having hard time when i go to bed.
I havnt found out a good way to handle it but i feel that i am not as scared now compared to one month ago.
It is a really bad thing to get, my sleep has been really affected by this and i feel really tired most of the time.

/ Daniel

aellia
06-03-09, 10:30
Thanks for reading,Daniel.
It is some help knowing that we aren't the only ones

Nechtan
06-03-09, 11:01
Hi aellia,

This is very common with anxiety but that knowledge doesn't make it any more of a comfort when its happening. It is very frightening though harmless. It is a vicious circle. When you wake up like that it makes you anxious which prolongs the symptoms and although the best way to calm these is by trying to relax and regulate your breathing that is easier said than done.

I used to have alot of problems with breathlessness and palpatations before I knew it was anxiety. The one thing that made a massive difference was when my GP sent me for an ECG. This was done in the surgery via a nurse who visited every Thursday morning and took no more than a couple of minutes. Right away she looked at the results and told me my heart was fine- no problems. This knowledge alone helped keep calm me after and I have rarely had palps since. Noone could have put my mind at rest with words but that little quick test was enough.

All the best

Nechtan

angel 2
06-03-09, 16:30
Hi aellia
I've had the exact thing evry night for over 4 months now. I'm trying some multi vits ( B complex and zinc good) and minerals and EPA fish oil for just over a week now .I'm not right but it doesn't happen every night. Deep breathing also helps and Bach herbal rescue remedy drops are useful at times. I had the same thing 4 years ago and it seemed to run it's natural course and stopped. Hope this does the same.

StephdeMeth
06-03-09, 21:51
Hey
I've had the same. Granted, not every night, but it's a fairly regular thing. It's not too great trying to concentrate the next day having spent most of the day awake, but it's managable.
I basically agree with what other people say. It's a vicious circle. If you do keep telling yourself that if you had had loads of heart attacks then you'd be dead by now, you'd certainly know about it.
Do you wake up at a certain time? It might be worth waking yourself up deliberately 20 minutes beforehand or something, sitting through it and knowing that you're fine, and then going back to sleep afterwards. Try and regain control of the situation? Either that or go the completely opposite way and take something to help you sleep deeper?
Just a couple of suggestions, keep us posted - we're all in this together.
xx :hugs:

aellia
06-03-09, 22:38
Hi aellia
I've had the exact thing evry night for over 4 months now. I'm trying some multi vits ( B complex and zinc good) and minerals and EPA fish oil for just over a week now .I'm not right but it doesn't happen every night. Deep breathing also helps and Bach herbal rescue remedy drops are useful at times. I had the same thing 4 years ago and it seemed to run it's natural course and stopped. Hope this does the same.

Hello Angel and thank you for your reply. I bought the Bach night time Rescue Remedy today so I'll give that a try. Thanks for the vitamin advice,too

aellia
06-03-09, 22:40
I am right where you are the moment, having hard time when i go to bed.

/ Daniel

I wish you well,Daniel and thanks for your reply. It's just so tiring. I'm worn out with the worry

aellia
06-03-09, 22:42
Hey
I've had the same. Granted, not every night, but it's a fairly regular thing. It's not too great trying to concentrate the next day having spent most of the day awake, but it's managable.
I basically agree with what other people say. It's a vicious circle. If you do keep telling yourself that if you had had loads of heart attacks then you'd be dead by now, you'd certainly know about it.
Do you wake up at a certain time? It might be worth waking yourself up deliberately 20 minutes beforehand or something, sitting through it and knowing that you're fine, and then going back to sleep afterwards. Try and regain control of the situation? Either that or go the completely opposite way and take something to help you sleep deeper?
Just a couple of suggestions, keep us posted - we're all in this together.
xx :hugs:

Thanks for those suggestions,it's sometimes the little things that we didn't think of that may help!
I wish you peace,too
x

VictorJoubert
06-03-09, 22:58
Hey there

Yup its true. I went for the ECG and believe me... it helps.