PDA

View Full Version : I just don't know what to do anymore

panicagain
06-03-09, 14:39
I've reached rock bottom now, i don't know what to do, i'm having a panic attack i think and i'm alone with my 4yr old, i'm afraid i'm gonna die in front of her:weep: I woke up with this weird pain in my upper abs then it turned into pressure, its a heart attack right? The pressure wont go away! I'm probably not having a panic attack cuz i'm not shaking like usual just crying:weep: I'm afraid for my daughter to see me this way, thankfully she's sleeping right now but What Am I Going To Do? Should i go to the ER? I checked my blood pressure and its 106/67 not bad right? or is it low? I called the dr office and they can't get me in till the 23rd!!! I guess they figure i was just in there a week ago so i don't need in again. I keep thinking its a heart attack or Cancer or maybe something else i'm not thinking of:scared15: What should i do???
I'm Scared!

angietomjimandcass
06-03-09, 17:10
acid can give you that pain, have some milk hun.

krog
06-03-09, 19:27
Hi there,
I can only offer advice that works for me and so please do not be offended if you think I am being too simplistic.

Whenever my anxieties lead to panic I focus all my attention on relaxing and breathing in a controlled manner.
That means I take time out to lie down in a darkened room and just try to relax as much as I possibly can. I make a conscious effort to regulate my breathing to a nice steady pattern. Focusing on this breathing allows my mind the time to 'release' the negative thoughts that have brought on this panic and after about 20 or 25 mins I am suitably calmed enough to begin thinking rationally again. I also follow it up with a written 'panic diary' which also has the same effect of focusing my mind away from the symptoms of panic.
Its worth trying a few times if you can.
And finally, this forum also helps me 'vent' my emotions and share them with like-minded people. A problem shared is a problem halved :hugs:

Good luck,
krog