PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I'm new

TTBP
06-03-09, 15:39
Great site, I've only just discovered you

I've recently started on a long, painful journey to discover why I'm anxious all the time and why I have sufferend panic attacks for as long as I can remember

I was in the Priory withdrawing from Seroxat (30mg daily to cold turkey overnight) and whilst there for two weeks, I attending intensive CBT. I guess I'm only just realising that this problem is so serious!

I'm still going there weekly for therapy sessions but I worry about EVERYTHING (this, I'm told is part of the withdrawal)

I worried about EVERYTHING before I went on Seroxat! So, how do I know it's just withdrawal??? Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated

:doh:

I know that the worrying/panic attacks were made worse by a series of life events that happened and that's why I went on the tablets 13 years ago but I'm scared it's the old problem coming back and not just withdrawal

I feel ill and scared :scared11:

kittykat
06-03-09, 18:49
Hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice on here, i'm sure there are folks that can relate to what is happening to yourself and help you through it, hope things get better soon, there is also a really good chat room as well, take care xx

suzy-sue
07-03-09, 20:03
Hi and welcome.You will find lots of help and support here .Its common to experience increased anxiety when you are withdrawing from this type of medication & it doesnt mean your symptoms are comimg back .It will take time for the drug to get out of your system.Wishing you a speedy recovery . sue:welcome:

sunshine-lady
07-03-09, 21:36
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

TTBP
09-03-09, 08:45
Thanks guys!

I look forward to getting to know you better xx

weeble40
10-03-09, 10:58
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx