PDA

View Full Version : Internal shaking pulse

Shelly80
06-03-09, 18:46
Hello Everyone,

What a wonderful web site, completely devoted to those of us with Panic/Anxiety disorders! I love it.

I will go into my LONG story another time, first I have a question about heart palpitations. I am familiar with all forms, PVC's, pounding heart, yadda yadda yadda. The newest thing I have that has me going into a frenzy is every night, right when I turn my light out to sleep I get a this strangest feeling.

I can feel a fast pulse through my body that is "shaking me" literally. But when I check my pulse it is slower than the shaking sensation. And then I get scared and my heart starts to race and have palpitations from being scared of it. I feel it sometimes during the day when I'm at my desk at work. I seem to only get terrified of it at night. When I'm laying in bed, the shaking kind of starts and stops but that scares me because if I'm associating it with my real heart beat, I get scared that my heart is starting and stopping. Does this make sense to anybody?

I'm a 28 year old female, currently on Remeron (which really is working to keep major panic attacks in check). This problem began a month ago after I had a heart "flutter" that really scared me and amped up my anxiety. I've been needing a Xanax to sleep at night and that is barely working.

Has anyone else felt these very hard to describe sensations?

Thank you!! Shelly

kirstymc
06-03-09, 18:53
I had a feeling like this for a good few days about a week or so ago. It was like my whole body was shivering and trembling, but you couldn't actually see anything, if that makes sense. I could also feel my pulse in my lower back. I think it may be linked with being inactive, as you say you can feel it when sat at your desk, and I've been incredibly lazy lately, and pretty much spend most of my spare time slobbed out on my bed on my laptop!

Shelly80
06-03-09, 18:57
Thanks for replying! I am pretty inactive (even though all my doctors say that working out will help with ALL of my symptoms), maybe if I make my overall cardio health stronger, those sensations might go away!

Have I mentioned that this web site is wonderful? :roflmao:

krog
06-03-09, 19:18
Hi there,
I share a similar feeling that seems to manifest itself at night just as I am trying to drop off to sleep.
It tends to be initiated by the familiar 'heart flutter' sensation which in itself then triggers my health anxiety.
The problem is then compounded in the next few days by the strangest of sensations ! When I go to bed and am just about to fall to sleep, I 'wake-up' quite abruptly and my heart is racing. The only way to describe it is to say it is like being awoken from a deep sleep by someone popping a balloon at the side of you !
Its something that I have gotten used to but nevertheless is not a very nice experience. Fortunately it only seems to last for as long as my mind takes to calm down from any given health anxiety issue.
And finally I will echo your thoughts on this website. What a great way to 'vent' and communicate with people who are going through the same issues.
For me, this is better than any therapy with a professional :)

Cheers,
krog.

Shelly80
06-03-09, 19:35
I know what you mean about the waking up abrubtly with a fast heart rate. I usually chalk that one up to being startled out of sleep for some reason rather than being awoken naturally or from our normal alarms.

I just wish the darned shaking would stop for good. I think I'm going to try to go for a nice easy bike ride tonight. Supposedly light cardio should help reduce my heart flutter, palpitation, PVC's or whatever my doctor likes to call them. Maybe it will even help me get to sleep better. I know my lack of sleep is really starting to catch up to me.

jbond1978
20-03-09, 10:06
I sometimes wake up in the night with the same feeling. I can feel my fingers pulsating/trembling with a frequency roughly double that of my heart beat... I have perfectly fine explanations for most of my anxiety symptoms, but I can't figure this one out.

For me it seems to happen more often when having eaten lots of sugar and fatty foods (one pizza and I KNOW for sure it's coming back to haunt me in the night! but I do love pizza :huh:)... Is it correlated like that for anybody else?

All the best, Jens

Wee-Mee
20-03-09, 14:11
I've had something like this in that I get odd pulsey vibrations in my tummy. When I am unaware ,it just sort of goes "pul,pul,pul,pul" and it varies in length.

It can list five minuts or 3 seconds

I've had it in my shoulder and in my leg and my bum cheek too. It's odd. :(

Shelly80
20-03-09, 18:11
Its soooooo nice to have other people know what I'm talking about! I describe it to my doctor and he just gives me a blank look. Finally he said it was probably nervous system overload and that my adrenaline system is probably out of whack since my panic/anxiety disorder began last year. It really has taken a huge toll on my body. My body is kind of shaking/pulsating right now as I type, I just need to not be SCARED of it.

Now if I could just calm down the heart palpitations. I am glad that I'm down to 1 PVC/flutter/flip flop every 3 or 4 days. The palpitations are lessening a little bit too. When I'm brave enough, I'll maybe start the beta blocker doc gave me.

I really really love this forum :yahoo:

smiths
21-03-09, 11:52
Ive Had This 2 It Normally Comes And Go S