PDA

View Full Version : I'm a google addict:(

panicagain
06-03-09, 20:35
As much as i know its bad for me i just sat here and spent an hour googling:scared11: I feel like an idiot. But i did get some answers to some questions i had about heart attacks but of course it wasn't good answers and i deserve to panic after that:weep: I mainly wanted to know how long i could have heart attack symptoms till a heart attack happened, it wasn't what i wanted to hear:weep:
Someone needs to take me and smack me around a bit for doing stuff like this:blush:

i hate panicking
06-03-09, 20:39
LOL I'm officially going to give you a slap:buttkick:or should I say butt kick!!

panicagain
06-03-09, 20:44
LOL I'm officially going to give you a slap:buttkick:or should I say butt kick!!

I Deserved that, LOL

NoPoet
06-03-09, 20:45
No need to be afraid of heart attacks -- if you have one, you'll know, and you will receive medical care. If you don't have one, you have wasted time worrying about nothing :)

justbananas
06-03-09, 22:25
an hour is nothing - i think my longest stretch of googling was 8 hrs without break. well i used the bathroom, and ate kashi crackers.. but that's it. re: heart attack - i thought i was definitely having one the first time i had a MASSIVE panic attack. i called my mom at 4 in the morning, but she lives in chicago.. so i had to call my ex boyfriend, i couldn't think of anyone else who i could reasonably put that sort of burden on. and he came over.. i ended up sleeping a bit that night but ran to the doctor the next day. i got an EKG, normal.. blood pressure normal .. every time in the past i've had my cholestoral checked.. normal. so .. yeah.. that was just me freaking out. i felt everything though, extreme pains, tingling extremities, shortness of breath. but really the evidence doesn't add up. i'm 27, healthy, normal cholestoral, normal BP, etc.. if your health stats are for the most part in the acceptable range, you really have a most remote chance of any heart related problems. and any heart disfunction that you were born with surely would have been picked up by now. i really think you're ok and you should do some slow walking around your street or house or do something distracting, and see your gp when you can to take your vital stats and put your mind at ease.

i hate panicking
06-03-09, 22:31
Justbananas :buttkick::buttkick: double butt kick for you because you googled for longer...LOL

panicagain
07-03-09, 00:56
well, i ended up going into the clinic afterall and they took blood, i asked her about my heart and she said "do you think it might be your heart?" OMG isn't she the dr? I can't believe she asked me that, then she said if you think its your heart you should go to the ER. How weird is that. I was hopeing she would know whether it was my heart or not. She thinks its some kind of stomache thing:wacko: So the visit didn't make me feel better:weep:

Hollytree
07-03-09, 01:12
Oh I'm so sorry u had a bad time at the doctors. Sometimes they don't always give you the reassurance you need and freak u out even more, without realizing you suffer from panic attacks/health anxiety. Panic attacks can give you all kinds of bodily symptoms, from a pounding heartbeat, tight chested, light headed, feel sick, and clammy. Please DON'T google, believe me i have been burnt many times looking at symptoms online and finding that i have something awful that i think i have wrong with me, sending me into a panic overload, which only makes you feel 100 times worse. It's hard but u really need to take a step back from it all. Try and relax, and calm ur breathing down.

I hope u feel better
Hugs xx

justbananas
07-03-09, 05:20
ok your GP sucks, they shouldn't ask questions, they should be on the prowl investigating your symptoms. at this point i think you should take a bath and rest assured that you are fine. right after you google 'find a doc in _________'

justbananas
07-03-09, 05:21
and holly is right. sometimes my doctors freak me out even more because they have awkward bedside manner. i should become a doctor to deal with people with anxiety and help them NOT be driven further into oblivion by my idiocracy.

panicagain
07-03-09, 07:01
ok your GP sucks, they shouldn't ask questions, they should be on the prowl investigating your symptoms. at this point i think you should take a bath and rest assured that you are fine. right after you google 'find a doc in _________'

lol,,,your so right, my gp does suck and i should google another doc:yesyes: