PDA

View Full Version : CBT

Laurie28
19-12-03, 11:56
I had my last appointment with the CB Therapist today. I don't know how I feel about it. Good beacuse he must think I'm getting better and bad cause i feel sort of 'abandoned'!!

he did ask me how i felt about carrying on and i agreed i have got the 'grounding' to make myself better but i still have mixed emotions

Love
lucky

twister
19-12-03, 12:05
Hi Lucky

It's a common thing to feel emotionally attached to your therapist. It's even more of a problem with psychoanalytical psychotherapy where patients can suffer a form of seperation anxiety!

I think it is positive news though, if your therapist thinks you are ready you can help yourself and feel proud of achieving that on your own.

And don't forget that we are always here for you to give advice and encouragement so you are far from alone.

Love

Emily

Lottie32
19-12-03, 12:09
Hi Lucky

I'm still doing mine, but with big gaps - went in August, then November, and next in January.

Think this is a happy medium for me, but not sure how I will feel when she says its my last one, cos I feel better, but not cured. Also, sort of hoped that going for CBT would solve everything. Then I found out that it was a tool to cope, and not an instant solution.

For some reason, I feel that whilst I've got a link with CBT, I can cope, but not so confident at the thought of being "cast adrift".

Still, as Emily said - we have each other!

Charlie

Laurie28
19-12-03, 14:07
Hiya,

How long have you being going to CBT?

I have only been going a few months

Lucky

benoo5
19-12-03, 18:20
hi lucky,

whilst everything is fresh in your memory,write down as much as you can,about wot your therapist has spoken to you about,wot exercises he has told you to do,in fact every new technique,that you have learned,to help you cope.

you knowhow much better,you feel now,compared to when you first came to this site,your a great success story,and ime sure you will get better still...little steps,my friend....bryan.

Lottie32
22-12-03, 09:15
Hi Lucky

I started in April, went every 2 - 3 weeks for a bit, then every 6 - 8 weeks, now every 2 - 3 months!

Not had that many appointments really, I think I once read (on this site) that the average is 12 sessions.

But I might have dreamt that again. Think mine is spread out more, and taking it slower, cos my "oooh I can't do that" is quite deeply ingrained, due to being like this for a long time, so she is giving me little things, and letting me work them for a couple of months at a time

love

Charlie