PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland University Study - Please help!

sunderland_student
07-03-09, 14:05
My name is Laura Jones and I am a third year student at Sunderland University studying Psychology. I would like to invite you to take part in my study, but before you decide to do so I will provide you with some information on the study and tell you what participation will involve.

Please read the following carefully and do not hesitate to contact me if anything is unclear, contact details are below.

What is the study about?

Research shows that those experiencing obsessive compulsive disorder or other anxiety disorder related symptoms can experience difficulty when decision making. This study aims to research the relationship between anxiety disorders and decision making as well as establishing differences between disorders. Results from the study will help the understanding of anxiety disorders and improve future diagnosis of anxiety disorders.

Who can participate?

I am looking for both male and female participants of any age, who have experienced an anxiety disorder such as obsessive compulsive disorder or general anxiety disorder. I am also looking for participants who have not encountered any problems with these disorders.

What does participation involve?

Participation involves two questionnaires and a gambling task. Completion will take approximately 20 minutes. Any information you provide is kept completely confidential and there is complete anonymity. All information is stored on a personal file that only I and my supervisor can access. Upon completion of the study all information will be destroyed.

You can withdraw at anytime without reason, if you decide to withdraw after you have taken part in the study you can email me or my supervisor, see details below. You will need to provide your participation number to do so.

Also, if you wish to see the results of the study, please contact me or my supervisor.

Contact Information:

If you have any questions, or require additional information please contact myself, Laura Jones, (l.jones@sunderland.ac.uk (l.jones@sunderland.ac.uk)), or my supervisor, Sophie Cormack (sophie.cormack@sunderland.ac.uk (sophie.cormack@sunderland.ac.uk).

This study has been approved by the University of Sunderland Ethics Committee

If you wish to take part please email me at lauraashleyjones@hotmail.co.uk (lauraashleyjones@hotmail.co.uk) and I will send you the necessary links, it will take approx 15 minutes to complete