PDA

View Full Version : What time of the day do I take Fluoxetine?

Cat80
07-03-09, 13:41
Have just been prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg once a day but the Dr never mentioned when to take it. I took Citalopram for 10 weeks every morning and felt dreadful (sick, tired but couldn't sleep, achy etc) so a bit scared of taking these in the morning. I've heard taking them at night can stop you sleeping though (which I have trouble with sleeping anyway, drop off quick but waking up on and off all night).

So scared of taking these but my Dr said they are really good for GAD (have a huge fear of being sick as well). Any tips would be great as to when to take the, with food etc. Thanks :)

spaced
07-03-09, 14:23
hi
i take mine in the morning as told to by my GP. i didn't have any bad side effects from them but everyones different. i found they worked really well for me. Good luck.

CJH86
07-03-09, 16:07
Hi, best to take them in the morning...as they work best this way. Take them with a little food and water (only has to be a biscuit or something) if you are worried about stomach related side effects.....also if you do feel a little sick after taking them eat small amounts of plain food frequently as this can help whilst your body gets used to the drug, and make sure to drink enough fluid. x

Cat80
08-03-09, 11:39
Thanks so much for the replies. I will be taking my first one tomorrow morning then. Will take it with my breakfast rather than on an empty stomach and hopefully that will help. Thanks again