PDA

View Full Version : anx

smiths
07-03-09, 13:55
hi guys
im not dealing with my anx very well at the moment i got rid of it almost totally for 2 months now its back started citalopram 10mg on wednesday but they dont seem to be doing much ???? do they work straight away ??
feel like i cant go on
very depressed

Nechtan
07-03-09, 21:08
Hi,

Sorry to hear you have had a setback. Its always worse when you've had a good run because it catches you more unaware so the impact is greater.

I don't know anything about meds so can't comment on them. How did you get rid of your anxiety before? Maybe there is something in that which can help you again.

All the best

Nechtan

smiths
07-03-09, 21:14
hi
i meet sumone that had anxiety 2 and he really helped me but i upset him and he doesnt want to see me again

Nechtan
07-03-09, 21:32
That's a pity. Maybe that is why the anxiety is back. Its possible that you've come to rely on this person and without them feel you've nowhere to turn.

If company has helped you then you might be able to get the same kind of help on here. Sometimes just discussing the problems with likeminded people brings the reassurance that you can't get elsewhere. That I feel is one of the great things about this forum.

How did this other person help? Was it just by talking things through or was he helping you in other ways like breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, etc?

All the best

Nechtan

smiths
07-03-09, 21:34
it is y the anx is back thats exactly how i feel
he did alot just having sumone to talk to me and reasured me

Nechtan
07-03-09, 21:46
Thats good to know Smiths. The same reassurance can be found here as there is no better person to talk to than someone else who has experienced the same.

Your best bet would be to wait a little and see if someone can answer your concerns about your medication. Or have a search of the forum using "citalopram" as a keyword- the same question has probably been asked and answered before.

Although I've never been on them I've heard lots of people recommend the chat rooms here. On their I'd imagine you will get responses to your questions quicker.

I hope this helps. Personally when I get anxious at home I usually read a bit of Claire Weekes or some other reassuring material as I find this helps get things back in perspective quickly. When you are left just with your thoughts alone then can very quickly become confusing and overpowering.

All the best

Nechtan