PDA

View Full Version : Strange cold sensation -- what was THAT??

wiskersonkittens
07-03-09, 15:26
I have recently found myself getting rather calm. I am reading a book called THE WORRY CURE and it has been most helpful. Whenever I start feeling afraid of a symptom, I tell myself, "It is just a thought. I am just attaching a very bad thought to this. Thoughts will only make things scary if you give them power." It has really helped talk me out of some creepy sensations. I was hoping I was slowly getting back on track . . then, last night that changed . . my daughter is sick and she came in my room last night saying she was afraid, so I let her get in bed with me. I had a few heart flutters, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. I was suddenly awakened by the darndest thing! It felt like something cold was going down the left side of my neck - like it started from the top and moved down my neck and stopped. I freaked out! I am used to warm sensations, even burning sensations, but the coolness was quite unsettling for me. The only other time I can remember going through something like that was on PAXIL -- I had burning sensations down my back then cooling sensations, like water trickling down. I know I have been under stress and maybe I was feeling anxious, but I didn't realize it. It was one of those "out of the blue" things -- I hate those!

Anyway, has anyone else experienced that -- just a coolness running down a certain part of your body? I just wonder if it was something in my neck muscles , maybe they were tense, or it could be related to my TMJ. In the past year I have had a couple of EKGs, an Echo, lots of blood work, CT scan of my brain, MRI of my brain and everyone has told me my issues are anxiety related. But when something weird like that happens, you can't help but ask, "What if?" I hate this, I hate this, I hate this!! :weep:

justbananas
07-03-09, 18:09
i've had that around my eye area recently.. and i used to get it on top of my head for no reason but (knock on wood) it hasn't happened in a couple years. i think esp when being roused from sleep, your body is shaking out of a certain mode and tends to issue crazy sensations that we pick up on. i've felt the weirdest things in the middle of the night, hence my nighttime anxiety.

wiskersonkittens
07-03-09, 22:51
Thank you so much for responding. I haven't had any problems today on that side of my neck thus far ( knock on wood here!!), so I wonder if it is just one of those night time things. I felt like I was the only one who has experienced cold sensations. I hate you have experienced them, but I appreciate the reassurance. :)

NatteAsbak
08-03-09, 20:21
Hey Wisker.

I've felt the same "cold sensations", as you describe, but it was in my right arm and around my chest.. sort of like my blood turned cold and I could feel it run through my veins. It usually comes, when I go to sleep and it stops after a few minutes. It's scary, but nothing to worry about:)