PDA

View Full Version : Help Impetigo inside nose!!!!!

kristy5095
07-03-09, 18:12
Please please help, after months and months of medication and CBT I thought I was over the worst...........but...........I have now got a horrible yellow scab half way up way right nostril and have been to the walk in centre where a nurse has looked and said it's impetigo,ahh. I can cope with this but after my usual google input it has started my stomach churning, I feel like everything is speeded up (if that makes sense) because now the bacteria will either eat my face away or it will be something more sinister like cancer....
I am only 35 year old and was learning to cope with my anxiety symtoms but because this is real and nothing to do with anxiety I am now completely on edge!!!!! Help!!!!!!:lac:

Kay-Tee
07-03-09, 18:24
Hello Kristy, my children got impetigo. Don't quote me on this but here is my experience, my brother-in-law had impetigo in his eye, (he was apparently a carrier of it) and infected himself by rubbing his eye with the infection from his nose(after he had been very run down) It was painful but went away after it was treated with anti-biotic drops. Then years later his daughter got it on her chin (I presume it was from her dad), she had to use a cream called Fuicidin its in a red and white tube) but she then managed to infect my son, he used the cream and it went. But from then on he was carrier of it and when he had chicken pox, he got impetigo straight after. It was dreadful, right under his nose, scabs every were. We were told to rub off the scabs daily to let the pus out and then apply the cream. But it really hurt him to do this. A year or so later my other son got it, this time we were told to leave the scabs alone and just to keep applying the ficuidin cream. To keep using antibacterial handwash and not to share face flannels or towels as it is infectious on contact. HAVE YOU GOT ANTI-BACTERIAL DROPS FOR YOUR NOSE. I HOPE I HAVE N'T RAMBLED ON TOO MUCH AND I HOPE THAT THIS INFORMATION OF OUR EXPERIENCE WILL HELP YOU.

kristy5095
07-03-09, 18:44
Thank you kay-tee, that has helped calm me down. I was given penecilin from the walk in centre who said it would probably go within 3 days but to take the course. I think i got so worried because a) its half way up inside my nose and 2) it is quite painful and i didnt think Impetigo would be !

doodah
08-03-09, 11:25
Hiya Kristy,

I'm really pleased that Kay-Tee typed such an informative reply to your post - phew! I'm very similar inasmuch as having a scab (or something similar) in my nose which causes occasional (minor) nose bleed. My anxiety takes over and I image it's going to start gushing or something like that!!:blush: Anyway, enough of my nose!! I remember a therapist telling me to write down the following 3 things when I got anxious about health/anxiety/whatever ....

What's the worst that can happen - What's the best that can happen - What's likely to happen!! More often than not the worst case scenario is just in our minds and never likely to happen at all!!

I'm sure the penicillin will sort you out... oh, and it's definately a good idea NOT to GOOGLE! lol

Hope you're feeling a little less anxious now.

Wendy xxxx

ladybird64
08-03-09, 13:15
Hi Kristy

The trouble with impetigo is that it looks like it is really going to do some damage..it's not though, just looks like it.
Take your anti-b's, don't touch the scab (sounds obvious but it must be tempting) and stop your googling!
It won't eat your face, it will clear up quite quickly just be extra vigilant with face flannels etc as it is the very devil for spreading to other areas.