PDA

View Full Version : Security Blankets

JavaJoy01
07-03-09, 22:57
I'm wondering if any of you have a security blanket like I do.

For me it's my cell phone. I have it on me 24/7, in fact the last panic attack I had was was due to not having my cell phone available. When I feel anxiety coming on, I will call my mom or my husband, or even the nurse line to help calm me down. The other day my cell service was down and it was making me anxious. As I was leaving work it hit and I just freaked. The security guard let me use an empty office to call my husband and have him come get me because I was scared to drive. After that I called the Nurse line and they talked me down from my panic attack.

I feel like Linus (From the Peanuts gang) carrying around his blanket.

mickh555
07-03-09, 23:22
Mine used to be my car.I suppose the idea was i could get to the hospital quickly !!

Irishhhhhh
08-03-09, 00:33
Mine would definitely have to be my bed! :D

I like to hide under the bedcovers until the daylight has disappeared :shades:

I think I must be turning into a vampire! :scared15:

i hate panicking
08-03-09, 00:38
mine is probably my phone as well.

I think your turning into one too irishhhhh:closedeyes:

Kells81
08-03-09, 20:36
Now dont laugh but mine is polos! I cant leave the house without them! I eat them when I am feeling anxious and people always say to me what would you do if they stopped making them! I seriously have no idea-the thought terrifies me!

Alabasterlyn
08-03-09, 20:53
I always take my mobile phone with me when I go out, also my iPod so that if I'm stuck in the car I can watch a film on that, as a passenger of course ;)

I also like to have a pack of mints on me and my stress ball if I'm going out of my comfort zone too.

LoveMusic
08-03-09, 23:28
Mints, a plastic bag, phone, lavender gel.