PDA

View Full Version : looking for mums

tanya 1
08-03-09, 10:09
hi im 25,have a 3 year old daughter,and have anxiety and am finding it hard to take my daughter out on my own,so i would really like to talk to people who have or still do find it hard to take there children out on there own,i have overcome loads of fears over the years but this one im really stuck on
tanya 1 x :)

PUGLETMUM
08-03-09, 11:59
:) hi tanya, im a mum to one nearly 11 year old girl (im 36) i have been where you are now and you can get better - like you ive also overcome loads of fears - some still remain - but i now go out with my daughter, i am always here if you want a chat - pm me if you want, tc, emma:hugs:

bagpuss
08-03-09, 19:13
Hi Tanya, we have chatted a bit before, i have 4 year old twins and didnt manage to leave the house at all this weekend thanks to having a few panic attacks and no sleep. PM me anytime,
xxx

tanya 1
08-03-09, 23:20
thanks emmas and thanks bagpuss,it really helps tp know im not the only one feeling this way,i just sometimes feel so alone with this problem
tanya 1 x x x

SUZY Q
12-03-09, 14:46
Hi im quite new to all of this and have been looking at the looking for mums site. My anxiety has got worse since last tuesday when i went on citalopram by last weekend i got to frightened to go out. Monday the Doctor took me off cit and put me on 10mg beta blockers. Have been having good and bad days this week. My little boy is 5 and ive been finding it hard to take him to school and pick him up. My mum has been having to come with me as my husband is at work.(i feel a real burden on everyone) I felt quite confident yesterday but this morning felt very nervous and anxious again walking into his classroom with my mum. I am now a bit worried about picking him up soon. i feel so cross with myself. I just wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem.:shrug:

diane07
14-03-09, 18:40
i would seriously suggest you get an ipod or an mp3 player it really helps to take your mind off being outside

di xx

tanya 1
15-03-09, 09:56
thanks for your advice di x x

mom1982
21-03-09, 03:18
Hi Tanya, I'm new to this site. I'm a mom of a 10 month old girl & I'm 26. And also 6 weeks pregnant. I find it very tough taking care of my little one when I'm worried & anxious all the time & always feeling sick. Depending on my hubby heaps. I feel worse now being pregnant & being tired all the time & morning sickness is kicking in full swing. You can message or email me anytime. I'm usually on the internet trying to find solutions to my anxiety problems.

Pink Panic
21-03-09, 15:05
Hi all

I'm a Mum too. I have 2 girls ages 12 & 20.
I'm totally OK going out with the eldest as she's a Nurse so I make sure she looks after me! :blush:

I'm still work in progress going out with the youngest but I'm slowly getting there. I used to feel really bad because I wasn't able to go shopping etc., and do girly stuff that I had previously done with her sister but I'm slowly overcoming my fears.

mom1982 - This is in no way intended as a dig at you but trying to find solutions to your anxiety on the internet will only feed your anxiety and make it much worse.
I talk from experience on this one hun. :hugs:

Love
PP
xxx

MOZZY
21-03-09, 15:28
Hi im 39 and i have a 15 year old daughter been suffering on and off panic attacks for last 5 years,,,,, have had constant pa's since dec 2008/ I know how you feel I couldnt go up town with my daughter and do girly stuff i couldnt even go out in my car for more than 5 mins. but this week i have had a break through. went to a wellbeing clinic and saw somebody about homeopathy and they talked through my issues and why i fear panic and fight it, which in turn makes a panic attack. i feel i can face my panic a little bit better now. i actually went up town yesterday, brought my daughter and me some clothes.... got up this morning and went to asda on my own and i drove there 30 mins there and back.

Im proud of myself, little things make it all worth it. Dont beat yourselves up if you cant make it out ..,,, if it helps i explained to my daughter how i felt about going out the house. That helped me more than her as it took the pressure of me.

hope this makes sense.

:bighug1: Hugs for all you mums out there.

Pink Panic
21-03-09, 15:37
Hi Mozzy

Just read your post and had to say a massive WELL DONE to you :yesyes:

You shoud be absolutely delighted with yourself.

Big hugs for you. Go Girl. :yesyes: :hugs:

PP
xxx

MOZZY
21-03-09, 16:42
THanks so much. I have to say that when people say 'when you face your feelings and stop fearing them you are half way there' its true, just knowing the mechanics of panic attacks really makes it clearer in your mind and much easier to deal with. Im not saying im cured but havnt felt this good in ages.

Anybody out the suffering and feeling there's no hope. STOP! there is hope and we can all beat this TOGETHER.

Only a few weeks ago I wanted to throw in the towel. Im not on any meds as they give me too many side affects. so its a bit like cold turkey for me.

HUGS FOR EVERYBODY ON THIS SITE YOUR ARE ALL AMAZING PEOPLE.:bighug1:

tanya 1
22-03-09, 10:36
hi every1 and thank you all for replying,i havent been on nmp for a while because this might sound a bit horrible but i just kept reading other peoples stories all the time and focusing too much on looking for answers why i cant get better and so on,to be honest for the last couple of years ive been searching for some miracle cure to this or something and it was just making me worse i was just focusing all the time on what i couldnt do and feeling so guilty about it,i was making myself worse.
anyway the other night i got myself so worked up as usual thinking i will never get better so i stopped and thought ok what is actually making me like this ?
im physically well and mentally well,all i do is constantly think negative about myself so i typed in positive thinking into google and found this site that a woman from spain has made,and i thought it was really good,what she says about positive thinking/negative thinking makes complete sense to me i will put the address on here incase any of you want to have a look.
anyway heres a little quote that i got from there that sums me up completley

i was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence,but it comes from within,it is there all the time.

so from now on i will be concentrating on positive thinking,i would still like to hear from mums and how there getting on,and i will keep posting updates of how im doing,but i wont be coming on here all the time anymore searching for answers.also if any of you would like to chat you can pm me,or if by email pm me and i will give you my email address

take care every1 x x x x
tanya x x x x x x x

Pink Panic
22-03-09, 12:17
That's a great quote Tanya.

You must do what feels right for you hun and I wish you loads of luck and look forward to hearing of your progress.

There is loads to be achieved from positive thinking and being determined. :yesyes:

PP
xxx

mom1982
22-03-09, 22:39
Hi Pink Panic, i meant that i find solutions by getting on sites like this one and reading success stories & other peoples' assurances :)

I gave up googling symptoms a while back. They do make everything worse.

With my anxiety, I'm getting very stressed up and nervous with my new pregnancy.The last one was very difficult and there were complications but all turned out well in the end. I worried I won't be able to handle it & I have very little support.