PDA

View Full Version : SUZY Q

SUZY Q
08-03-09, 16:51
Hi, im New to this and abit nervous.:unsure: Ive been married for 18years and have two children aged 18 and 5. i sufferd with panic attacks a couple of years ago. I was put on citalopram and this worked. I came off them last year and was fine. But a couple of months ago started feeling very anxious. It became worse last week so my Dr has put me back on citalopram (10mg). Im really not feeling great on them at the moment (im sure i wasnt this bad last time). would be great to be able to talk about it as im not sure whether to stop taking them or not.

Veronica H
08-03-09, 18:03
:welcome: Suzy Q. The citalopram will probably take a few weeks to kick in. when I started using them after a break they did not kick in as quickly as the first time i took them. I hope this helps. Have you tried self help? There is a brilliant book called 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire Weekes available from the NMP shop and also free downloads to your MP3 of her work. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us and how we can recover.Glad you have found us.

Veronica

SUZY Q
08-03-09, 19:16
:) Thankyou for your quick reply.? I think that i will get the book that you recommended. I started taking the citalopram last tues evening i seem to be so much worse than i did before i started taking them. The anxiety is terrible and my stomach is in constant knots, im not sleepingwell at night at all and been feeling dizzy and quite sick.Still not sure if its worth staying on them this time. Did you have any of these side effects when you went back on them?:unsure:

suzy-sue
08-03-09, 19:59
Welcome SuzyQ,youll find lots of help on the citalopram forums& youll get plenty of support here.:welcome: luv suex

sunshine-lady
08-03-09, 21:30
Hi and welcome to NMP

So pleased that you have found us. I am sure you will like it here as there is so much help, information and support. There is a chat room which is a great place to make new friends

Take care xxx

kittykat
09-03-09, 08:51
hi there and :welcome: to the site, a lot of good advice here that really does help, take care xx

weeble40
10-03-09, 10:56
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx