PDA

View Full Version : immodium/loperamide question

thoughts and actions
08-03-09, 18:48
hi guys

sorry if i am not meant to but i am posting this is 2 places as not really sure where to post it,

I was prescribed loperamide (immodium) from the docs last year for my ibs d- and i have to say that it works really well

however i have some questions-

1. Can you become immune to this and it stops working- or damages you
2. Do you think you could take one everyday (i take about 2/3 a week but worry incase my ibs gets worse)
3 Has anyone had an experience when it has not worked (not counting food poisoning as thats differ)

My ibs is not food related and i only get the runs when i get anxious- unfortunately due to a big knock of my convidence i can get anxious nearly every time i need to leave the house- i just want to know if any1 else takes a loperamide everyday and have success stories

Also - can i pm anyone who has ibs as i really panic about this sometimes and its really effected my standard of living- like i just refuse to use public toilets outside if i am in company or anyone will use the toilet after me that knows me. as i fear what ppl will think of me (but of course theres had the be the odd time ive jsut had 2)

thanks guys from a big worrier!!

cheekycharlie
09-03-09, 08:34
Hiya, I have IBS & I take Loperimide. Its always worked for me, I have taken it for 7 years & it still works for me. PM me anytime you want. :) x