PDA

View Full Version : does 5HTP work?

angel 2
09-03-09, 07:09
Hi Hearing alot about 5HTP does it really work for anxiety? I mean with calming down and how long does it take to work?

cheekycharlie
09-03-09, 08:29
sorry what is SHTP?

angel 2
09-03-09, 09:14
It might be best for you to google 5HTP . It will explain alot better than I can

naomimimi
09-03-09, 12:46
i feel like 5htp saved me. over christmas i had severe anxiety, was having panic attacks everyday. and the depersonization was unbearible. after going to the doctors and being prescibed citalopram which i never took after reading peoples reviews on the internet.
i then bought some 5htp which i started taking in the new year and now, most of my anxiety has subsided. i often wonder if it had of gone on it's own. but i do believe it's because of the 5htp.
i take two 50mg capsules every day, along with a multi vitamine pill, a vitamine b complex and a vit c thing that you dilute in water. i some times skip a day of taking the 5htp because i don't want to become to used to it.
I really do reccomend it though. try and get in on sale in holland and barret, bacause it is quite expensive.
x

naomimimi
09-03-09, 12:53
oh sorry i realised i didn't answer all of your question.
i found the first week of taking it was a bit horrible, i could feel positive affects however it stoped me sleeping, i lost my usually massive appetite and ended up losing a lot of weight. now 2 months after i feel like me again. and i've read they dont work instantly but will take that long.
definately a miracle cure though! and worth the wait.